H3-3D Gimbal Crash

Reaction score
My phantom was flying in a warehouse and for some unknown reason it went straight up and hit the ceiling. Crashing of course. Bent the arms on the gimble. I straightened them. The motors seem to have stripped gears. Does anyone know how to get motor parts for the gimble? Why would the Phantom 2 just shoot straight up without any control input from me?

I set the compass on the concrete just outside of the building. The building is actually a wood structure (old warehouse) that sells hardwoods.

Has anyone killed a gimble and wanted to repair it or am I the only one? I straightened the are back but the motors or the gears are stripped. Spare parts? New parts?

Did you fly in gps mode or ATTI?
If you flown in GPS, it could of recorded a home position inside the warehouse. The phantom shooting vertically up means RTH was activated.

If you fly indoors, be careful with RTH settings. In the phantom assist set the RTH failsafe to land in the same spot and not to ascend 20m and RTH and land.

Your best bet when flying indoors is to permanent ATTI mode where I does NOT rely on satellites. Just make sure you practice and understand the inertia on ATTI mode.

kmktm520 said:
I set the compass on the concrete just outside of the building. The building is actually a wood structure (old warehouse) that sells hardwoods.

Has anyone killed a gimble and wanted to repair it or am I the only one? I straightened the are back but the motors or the gears are stripped. Spare parts? New parts?
Many people have killed their gimbal and most of the time send them in for repairs or buy a new one. Unfortunately I think the only people that can get replacement part to fix it are certain vendors that are certified by DJI for repairs and DJI themselves. If you want it fixed you need to figure out where you can send it.

Also there are no gears in the gimbal motors, they are brushless motors so essentially they are all magnets and move by opposing magnetic forces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20