H3-3D Frenzy

Reaction score
Hey folks, I need help...

video here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c2HQ2rODEg[/youtube]

I bought this used from Amazon Warehouse. Interesting to note that I connected this up to Phantom Assistant (3.08), and while it was acting up it wasn't detected. While it was behaving, it would show up. Had enough time to upgrade firmware before it spazzed out again, but no change.

I use Phantom 2 old version. It crashed in some wet sand and messed up the H3-3D I had on then, so I had to buy a new one, but living outside the States (Grenada) makes it very expensive to ship in and out. Was trying to save some money by buying used. Never again...

I've tested it with an old H3-2D I had lying around, which worked without freaking out, so I think I can rule quad damage out.

If you guys have ever encountered this before and can suggest a fix/point me in the right direction, I'd be extremely grateful.

have you tried the full gimbal reset procedure where you wipe the firmware completely and it re-loads from scratch?

Hi. I have a similar problem and am sure someone must have posted a reply on this - please let me know if they have. My H33D moves from looking forward or down only. I can't stop it at any other point. Any ideas what I need to do to solve thIs please?
Mike

Is that where I power on the gimbal with metal on the specific gold contacts? No, haven't tried that... will do shortly and let you know if it works.

Does the gimbal reset trick reset the gimbal back to working again - Ie full tilt and being able to stomping at any position between?

I tried it, got it to amber red.... however, the phantom assistant still doesn't recognize the h3-3d imu to update/upgrade it. is there anything I can do to clean contacts or something?

SOproductionsGND said:
I tried it, got it to amber red.... however, the phantom assistant still doesn't recognize the h3-3d imu to update/upgrade it. is there anything I can do to clean contacts or something?

hey mate don't despair this happens to almost everyone because the procedure is SO specific... I myself struggled just like you, was scared I'd killed my gimbal until someone helped me out with this... be sure to follow it exactly!

Computer: Phantom Assistant is already running,but USB not connected (connect cable to computer but NOT to Phantom)

connect the 2 metal points from the H3-3D as you probably have been
Turned Phantom on, it initializes but H3-3D doesnt, it just plays dead but LED on H33D turns Amber (if not amber then that means the connection was not there) *this part of the procedure you've probably done correct already

While the Phantom is still ON, immediately I connect it to PC via USB cable (remember, Assistant software should already be running). It should then get detected by the Assistant Software and you van trigger the FW "upgrade". I do not click OK after the upgrade.

power cycle after the upgrade is complete (put a gopro in it before powering back on obviously) and then it successfully initializes together with the Phantom 2.

I don't know if this will totally fix your exact problem (I hope so!) but this is the full reset procedure

To add to QYV's infor, I'd also try downgrading to phantom assistant 3.6. I had the same issue when trying 3.8 but it recognized the h33d imu immediately in 3.6.

I then upgraded to 3.8 later.

I'm using stock Phantom 2, so I'm also using Phantom 2 assistant, not vision. version is 3.0. Should it still be detected in phantom vision assistant? Because when I power quad on with vision assistant, it doesn't pick it up. It detects quad in 3.0.

QYV said:
SOproductionsGND said:

hey mate don't despair this happens to almost everyone because the procedure is SO specific... I myself struggled just like you, was scared I'd killed my gimbal until someone helped me out with this... be sure to follow it exactly!

Computer: Phantom Assistant is already running,but USB not connected (connect cable to computer but NOT to Phantom)

connect the 2 metal points from the H3-3D as you probably have been
Turned Phantom on, it initializes but H3-3D doesnt, it just plays dead but LED on H33D turns Amber (if not amber then that means the connection was not there) *this part of the procedure you've probably done correct already

While the Phantom is still ON, immediately I connect it to PC via USB cable (remember, Assistant software should already be running). It should then get detected by the Assistant Software and you van trigger the FW "upgrade". I do not click OK after the upgrade.

power cycle after the upgrade is complete (put a gopro in it before powering back on obviously) and then it successfully initializes together with the Phantom 2.

I don't know if this will totally fix your exact problem (I hope so!) but this is the full reset procedure

Thanks, did it that way the first time... did it again here too. Still no joy :( It detects everything else except the gimbal now. Going to put on the old H3-2D and verify again it's just a bad H3-3D.

EDIT: H3-2D works still without going haywire. What gets me is that I briefly had control of the H3-3D and it started misbehaving. Now it doesn't at all... sigh.

I am having the same issue. Mid flight it starts spazzing out. Most times it stops and can go about the flight. Not sure why this is happening. Brand new P2 and HD3-3D gimbal. Contacting DJI this week about this nonsense! Unless somebody has a fix!

Stab in the dark.. Is the Gimbal a dedicated P2 gimbal?? Or is it the one with the GCU (used for other rotors). If it has a separate GCU, then you may need to find this.

If it is H33D for Phantom 2 (printed on the box) then I really think your flex cables are not aligned perfectly and could have been dislodged in a crash or 1 of your motors burnt or the I beam bent

Probably your last option...
Use a J hook pin. You can make them with a thin paper clip. Insert into the gap where the flex cables are plugged and pull back the flex clip holders. Be very gentle and use a torch. Inspect the metallic surface and reinsert firmly. Use the same J hook pin to press clip back down to hold the flex.

I have the P2 only zen use H3-3D gimbal. Never been crashed. Cables are all connected.
Yours is a different story. I'm gonna bunt you the other way.
Is your Gopro 3/3+/4 black/weighted ND filters?? If so you need to find neutral balance when the phantom h33d is off. Use some coins/Velcro etc. The H33D is built specifically for the 3. Even the 3+BE requires balancing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20