H3-3D Can-Bus vs. USB

Reaction score
<insert typical sorry I've tried to search but found nothing>.

I've been having a discussion in a local group about the new H3-3D connectivity with the GoPro and we're now pretty confused.
Some guys have a version like the H3-2D, with a Can-Bus connector, as described and pictured in the H3-D3 online User Manual from March 23th.
One guy says his version has no Can-Bus connector, but a side cable that connects to the USB port of the GoPro, as described and pictured on the H3-D3 quick guide from 10th April.

What is happening? Is there an old H3-3D Can-Bus and now a new one without it, and with something that looks like a pretty crappy USB connector (the guy even shown there is a second connector on his box)

It's not a can bus connector. It's just a proprietary GoPro connector.

And yes, DJI have changed it with version 1.1 to no longer use the GoPro connector and instead to use a USB connector on the end of a very flimsy cable. The DJI reason for this is that they were unable to find a supplier for the GoPro connectors. My theory is that the connector is GoPro's IP and needs to be licensed and that DJI haven't been paying.

Either way, latest version uses the USB connector.

glad i got he original version of the H3-3D that plugs directly into the back of the go pro...
that flimsy ribbon cable is going to phased out soon once people see hoe cheap and exposed it is.
which is better in your opinion.
i feel **** happy that i got one of the OG H3-3d'd and not the 1.1

rilot said:
It's not a can bus connector. It's just a proprietary GoPro connector.

And yes, DJI have changed it with version 1.1 to no longer use the GoPro connector and instead to use a USB connector on the end of a very flimsy cable. The DJI reason for this is that they were unable to find a supplier for the GoPro connectors. My theory is that the connector is GoPro's IP and needs to be licensed and that DJI haven't been paying.

Either way, latest version uses the USB connector.

Can someone post a photo??? What are you talking about? There is literally a cable coming out of the USB port where the SD card??

I thought I had the latest version... all is internal like the 2D ??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj