H3-3D Anti-interference Reinforcement Board

Reaction score
Hi
have not received the new Gimbal yet, but the reseller sent me a small board called "H3-3D Anti-interference Reinforcement Board" to connect between NAZA and the gimbal.
question: can the gimbal function without this part? (I have been told it cannot) and do you know what this is meant to solve?
cheers
patrick

I just picked up my new Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal from my dealer. I am installing it on my P2 which came with the H3-2D. I did not receive any Anti Interference Reinforcement Board which is posted on the DJI Website as of yesterday.

Now i am confused about this. I don't want to cut out the bottom of my P2 and install this Gimbal if there is a band aid that DJI has developed for some problem with this new Gimbal. My dealer does not know anything about this Anti-Interference Reinforcement Board.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

No one knows for sure what it's for but my guess is that some of the h3-3d gimbals are prone to jello caused by ultra sonic vibrations in the motors due to a dirty power source. If you play guitar, I'm thinking its like the 60hz hum you hear, and the anti interference reinforcement board is like a power conditioner like a Voodoos lab.

Now everyone that says jello is caused by the gopro aperture only, its only half way true. Jello can be caused by vibrations in the frame, props or gimbal motors... I've actually had a controlled experiment where I can make my gimbal motors vibrate at a very high rate, causing the infamous JAY EE EL EL OH!

I have not had any Electrical interference problems or vibration problems with my H3-2D. Strange thing though. i had ordered a H3-3D Gimbal from my dealer last month. He called me last week and said he got in 3 of them (Boxes marked "For Phantom 2 Only") He called me again that night and said he received a notice from DJI that he needs to send them back for some reason. He did and just got in 3 more today. He doesn't know what DJI did or why they recalled his first batch.

I picked mine up today and now am staring at the box and not wanting to install it after reading DJI's latest instructions on installing it, which include their reference to installing the Anti Interference Reinforcement board.

Nobody seems to know what the deal is.

Xrover said:
I have not had any Electrical interference problems or vibration problems with my H3-2D. Strange thing though. i had ordered a H3-3D Gimbal from my dealer last month. He called me last week and said he got in 3 of them (Boxes marked "For Phantom 2 Only") He called me again that night and said he received a notice from DJI that he needs to send them back for some reason. He did and just got in 3 more today. He doesn't know what DJI did or why they recalled his first batch.

I picked mine up today and now am staring at the box and not wanting to install it after reading DJI's latest instructions on installing it, which include their reference to installing the Anti Interference Reinforcement board.

Nobody seems to know what the deal is.

Did the instructions come with the Anti-interference Reinforcement Board? I have yet to get mine in the mail.

My new Gimbal did not include the board or any info about the board.
DJI is #1 in Customer CONFUSION !

thongbong said:
No one knows for sure what it's for but my guess is that some of the h3-3d gimbals are prone to jello caused by ultra sonic vibrations in the motors due to a dirty power source. If you play guitar, I'm thinking its like the 60hz hum you hear, and the anti interference reinforcement board is like a power conditioner like a Voodoos lab.

Now everyone that says jello is caused by the gopro aperture only, its only half way true. Jello can be caused by vibrations in the frame, props or gimbal motors... I've actually had a controlled experiment where I can make my gimbal motors vibrate at a very high rate, causing the infamous JAY EE EL EL OH!

thongbong, you are partly right: The power filter is designed to filter out the interference to the video out signal from the gimbal for FPV purposes. It is NOT designed to deal with Jello, which is caused by airframe vibrations or wind buffeting the gimbal.
The filter board is connected between the 8-wire connection coming out of the P2 and connecting to the H3-3D. If you are using an FPV hub, the filter board should connect between the gimbal 8-wire cord and the FPV hub. This will only affect the analog video signal to the video TX. It has no effect on the digital Hero3/3+ recording, which remains in-camera.

Hope this helps ;)

Quadpilot said:
thongbong said:

thongbong, you are partly right: The power filter is designed to filter out the interference to the video out signal from the gimbal for FPV purposes. It is NOT designed to deal with Jello, which is caused by airframe vibrations or wind buffeting the gimbal.
The filter board is connected between the 8-wire connection coming out of the P2 and connecting to the H3-3D. If you are using an FPV hub, the filter board should connect between the gimbal 8-wire cord and the FPV hub. This will only affect the analog video signal to the video TX. It has no effect on the digital Hero3/3+ recording, which remains in-camera.

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks for clarification. Now just waiting for mine in the mail! Oi I hate taking apart the phantom.

Quadpilot said:
thongbong said:

Hope this helps ;)
To get this straight in my old brain...if you aren't using FPV, then the filter isn't necessary. Correct?

That theory should be correct. Unless the Anti-Interference Board is to keep the Gimbal from Misbehaving.

Since nobody knows what's up with this add-on Board and the problems people are having with the top motor bouncing up into the battery (installing on modified belly of P2), I didn't take a chance cutting out the hole on my P2 and dealing with the above issues.

I just returned the Gimbal.

I received my H3-3D yesterday and it had come with the anti-interference board. The instructions, however, made no mention. Here's the instructions from DJI...

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.0_en.pdf

I wasn't sure how to hook it-up, so I left it off. It worked without flaw. Comparing it to my other Phantom 2 H2-3D, I could tell the video through FPV was less clear on the H3-3D. I'm going to attach the board and see if it helps.

..but to answer the OP's questions:

1. works w/o using it.
2. cleans up video transmission

version 1.1 changes the av port

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 10.43.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 10.43.19 AM.png
    512.3 KB · Views: 2,057
  • Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 10.43.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 10.43.31 AM.png
    350 KB · Views: 1,729
Diesel31 said:
I received my H3-3D yesterday and it had come with the anti-interference board. The instructions, however, made no mention. Here's the instructions from DJI...

I wasn't sure how to hook it-up, so I left it off. It worked without flaw. Comparing it to my other Phantom 2 H2-3D, I could tell the video through FPV was less clear on the H3-3D. I'm going to attach the board and see if it helps.

1. works w/o using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSZWdcd4WZ0

Diesel31 said:

1. works w/o using it.

Mine work fine also without it. I'm using the AVL58 and the Boscam 7 inch

Xrover said:
That theory should be correct. Unless the Anti-Interference Board is to keep the Gimbal from Misbehaving.

Since nobody knows what's up with this add-on Board and the problems people are having with the top motor bouncing up into the battery (installing on modified belly of P2), I didn't take a chance cutting out the hole on my P2 and dealing with the above issues.

I just returned the Gimbal.

I just posted my install tips for an older Phantom 2 here: http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12870

Hope that helps others. Key is a stainless steel washer to add some clearance with the battery. All good.

I had the first time without the interference board a very shaky recording.

I build in the interference board and the problem is solved!

My h3-3d gimbal Works great!

xpsje said:

The board does nothing for jello or shaking. Its for getting rid of the interference between the ALV58 and a monitor like the Boscam

FASTFJR said:
The board does nothing for jello or shaking. Its for getting rid of the interference between the ALV58 and a monitor like the Boscam

Do you know if it is only for the ALV58 or all vTx in general?

FASTFJR said:
xpsje said:

Okay, can you explain Why i have shakey recording without the board and good recordings with the board installed?

Is that pure coincidence?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20