H3-2D repair parts

Reaction score
I had an "incident" yesterday and broke an arm off the lower plastic piece that holds the "balls". Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

OneJoe said:
I had an "incident" yesterday and broke an arm off the lower plastic piece that holds the "balls". Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

Hmmmm... sorry I can't help you on where to get parts but this appears to be strike one for the V2 Zenmuse using plastic instead of metal ! :shock:

Re: H3-2D repair parts - cracked damping unit

I had the same problem. Flew into a tree and the lower plate of the 'damping unit' lost both side arms. The Gimbal itself survived. I would not be so hard on DJI for their choice of material. Think 'crash crumple'. Would your rather your car get crushed (sparing the passenger cage) or for you to be crushed in a collision? The gimbal and its servos are the precision bit of the purchase and if something has to give to protect the gimbal, I'll nod to that.

What IS problematic is the CURRENT situation that it is difficult to procure spares. Typically, it behooves a manufacturer to keep spare parts for any group component that fails.

This part is really cheap to produce and frankly, if I were DJI, I'd offer it for next to nothing to build goodwill and customer loyalty.

I would encourage someone from DJI reading this to respond positively.

thanks for your thoughts @MenaceCat. Although I don't expect DJI to reply any time soon, I think I might have found a replacement but it's very, very expensive. And I'm embarrassed to say that the part is, in fact, aluminum .. not plastic. (A DJI dealer pointed this out to me)

But I do understand your "crush zone" concept. Better to lose a small, mounting part than the precision parts of the gimbal itself.

I'm no metallurgist but I find it surprising that a piece of aluminum would "crack" like a piece of plastic. Makes me think it was either designed to do that or was defective.

Well, I was wrong again as The Editor pointed out.

Along with a few other changes to H3-2D version 2, the mounting plates are now, in fact, composite/plastic, not aluminum. And the gimbal attaching arm is now threaded .. not the mounting plate as in version 1. (Because of this, the screws attach the arm from the opposite direction.)

I'm okay having to buy small parts when I do something dumb .. especially if it saves the rest of the gimbal .. but DJI doesn't even list the mounting plate on it's replacement parts list.

I believe the H3-2D is sometimes adapted for use on other quads. Is it possible that the Phantom plates aren't used when adapting? Does anyone know someone who's done this conversion?

interested in knowing where you were able to obtain the bottom board of the damping unit, i need to replace mine as well, along with the black 8 pin cable.

Thanks

Hutchmm said:
interested in knowing where you were able to obtain the bottom board of the damping unit, i need to replace mine as well, along with the black 8 pin cable.

Thanks

If I ever find one, I'll let you know. I'm trying to glue it now but not having much success. :x

Re: H3-2D repair parts - not available

This note should be escalated. I'm not a fan of bashing manufacturers because at the end of the day, its two way street. If you continue to buy from a crappy manufacturer, then you are partly to be blamed.

However, DJI does not have a part number for this vibration plate. The folks in China are on vacation this week so you won't hear from the decision makers.

Its quite a basic principle that when you sell a good, you make spares available. DJI doesn't get it. For something that costs cents to manufacture, they are willing to bet against goodwill for their own good. (I spoke to a local agent who told me something like "Oh I've sold this gimbal to about 10 persons and nobody has broken the plate").

DJI does not at this point have plans for spares. I would suggest that those of you with access to a 3D scanner and printer, to replicate this part and start selling em...

Yes, it's sad if DJI has no plans to provide replacement parts. It's a huge black mark against a pretty cool gimbal.

And to the vendor who said ""Oh I've sold this gimbal to about 10 persons and nobody has broken the plate" .. pffft. That's not the point! Customer service means helping customers .. not trivializing their problems.

I might be able to get parts. I need to talk to someone tomorrow and I'll let you know. I've heard of a few people that have broken the same piece, and it's baffling that you can't get basic parts. We (DSLR Pros) have been trying to get DJI to give us parts for months, and I think we made headway last week.

thanks @netfreak! I think I may have found the piece I need and will know for sure in a couple days. I'll post back here if I've found it .

There seems to be enough people. I'm currently giving up on DJI - apparently the person in charge of this decision is still away- It won't be too difficult for someone with workshop skills to mill this part out and sell the extras. If I don't hear otherwise, I'll start the process and make a few parts.

I've been able to get the bottom mounting plate I needed. It didn't come from DJI .. it's still not on their replacement parts list ... but came from a dealer who was being kind to me.

To everyone who offered to try to find one for me, thank you!

And MenaceCat, please let us know if you decide to proceed. Several people are looking for replacements.

I have exactly the same problem with my zenmuse... So as I can see it is a very common problem :) maybe dthat part is really defective..

Still waiting for the part from my dealer who order it from dji drom china.. I am on my thrid week :)

Hope it arrives soon Mindflights. I have to wonder too about defects. The minor impact that broke mine really shouldn't have.

The plastic plate is very hard. If you tap it and it almost sounds like metal, which I think would make to more prone to fracture than softer plastic (which might flex a little).

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to retrofit the version 2 gimbal arm on the version 1 (aluminum) plate. But it would be necessary to drill the threads out of the V2 arm.

MenaceCat said:
There seems to be enough people. I'm currently giving up on DJI - apparently the person in charge of this decision is still away- It won't be too difficult for someone with workshop skills to mill this part out and sell the extras. If I don't hear otherwise, I'll start the process and make a few parts.

Why not email the CEO directly Tao Wang or their chief product manager Sirong Huang both based in China (obviously) :roll:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Colin Guinn will be a waste of time since he is a marketing face (in fact he is not even billed as CEO of North America as everyone portrays him to be) but rather 'Chief Innovations Officer'

Send out a couple of emails - it cost nothing and you may just get a favourable response!

DJI Phantom RTF with H3-2D (Brushless Gimbal) and GoPro 3 Hamburg and Nikon D 7100

Remember to watch the movie in HD QUALITY. If you like it: Comment, Thumbs UP, share and SUBSCRIBE! Thank you!

DJI phantom with H3 2D gimbal and the Go Pro 3 but also Nikon D7100 are the recordings at the Bismarck monument in Hamburg (Germany)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpfniJoyp2A[/youtube]

thanks @The Editor .. a great idea.

I composed a very polite request for help and emailed it to both Mr Wang and Mr Huang.

The email to Tao Wang bounced ("email account does not exist").

hhstefan said:
DJI Phantom RTF with H3-2D (Brushless Gimbal) and GoPro 3 Hamburg and Nikon D 7100

Remember to watch the movie in HD QUALITY. If you like it: Comment, Thumbs UP, share and SUBSCRIBE! Thank you!

DJI phantom with H3 2D gimbal and the Go Pro 3 but also Nikon D7100 are the recordings at the Bismarck monument in Hamburg (Germany)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpfniJoyp2A[/youtube]

Sorry Steff, I am finding it a little difficult to work out just what this has to do with the "Replacement parts for the zenmuse" thing?

Hello @all!

I have the same problem. So today I wrote on facebook to DJI.
If I get no or a not satisfactory answer I think I will made a "Bottom Board of the Damping Unit" by myself in aluminium.

So on, I hope to get an answer from DJI.
greets from Austria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.