H3-2D, iOSD mini and AVL58 for Phantom 1.1.1

Reaction score
Anyone out there with a phantom 1, H3-2D, iOSD mini, and AVL58? If so any tips on hooking it all up? I am currently flying the H3-2D with the PMU. Can I plug the video transmitter directly into the gimbal GCU and be good to go? (Skipping the install of the iOSD mini for the time being)

I have the upgrade board but have yet to install it. I was thinking if I want to use the iOSD mini with my FPV setup I will need to install the upgrade board in the phantom plug the Gimbal into the new board and then reinstall the PMU to use the iOSD mini? Does this sound right to anyone?

I would suggest going ahead and putting in the upgrade board now, that way you can ditch the GCU right from the start. The Zenmuse will connect straight to the new board for video, power and control, and then video and power are piped out from there to the AVL58. Using the DJI FPV hub will simplify all the connections for you, and you can simply plug the iOSD in to it when you decided to add it, no other splicing or cabling needed.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc/vi ... category=0

Very useful information. I was unsure if the fpv hub could be used on a Phantom 1. But I will order one and give it a shot.

Thanks
Michael

No problem! As long as you have the upgrade board installed the FPV hub will connect directly to that (in the same place the Zenmuse normally connects, as that will now be plugged in to its spot on the FPV hub)

As I review the various wiring diagrams I think I found a snag. see the diagram below. if you look at where the iOSD mini is plugged into the hub there is a can-bus wire out of the iOSD mini which is supposed to plug into the extra port on the phantom 2. Problem is that I have a phantom 1 and no open or extra can-bus to plug it into. so if I want to use this method would I have to also instal the Naza-M V2 PMU with the extra can bus port?
fpv_hub_diagram.jpg

Sorry, I wasn't thinking about the canbus port on the iOSD. The iOSD will indeed need one, and you have two options for that...add the PMU, or solder a canbus connection (or even just the iOSD cable itself) to the upgrade board, which can be done fairly easily (there's instructions here I can link you).

Regardless of which way you add the canbus (PMU or soldering to board), using the upgrade board + FPV hub will let you keep the heavy GCU out of the mix and make all the connections with the Zenmuse + iOSD + AVL58 as simple as they can be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues