H3-2D Gimble not responding to pan lever

Reaction score
I have a brand new Phantom 2 non vision with a H3-2D gimble and a GoPro Hero 3+ silver. I have had 7 perfect flights and gimble has preformed just as it is suppose to. Tonight I powered unit up inside to show my friends. After Phantom finished self check the camera pointed straight down and would not respond to the pan lever. Shut bird down and pulled batt. Then put batt back in and powered up again....same thing happened. Has this happened to anyone else?? Does anyone have a solution??

More info regarding the above request for help. Gimble seems to be working fine as far as keeping the camera level. Only issue is that the pan lever will not bring camera back to any other position besides looking down. PLEASE HELP!!

Try recalibrating the X1 lever.

Check this video out..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYvk5sTcbpQ[/youtube]

I just bought a Phantom 2 with zinmuse Gimbal last week from B&H. I found a problem with the design of the gimble control lever on my version of the DJ6. With the addition of the plate between the control lever (see photo 1), the shaft that is connected to the control lever is separated from the potentiometer inside the case. When I first got it, the lever arm would swing freely with no resistance. I checked the case and made sure all of the screws were tightened and it was not cracked or broken. I also ran all of the firmware and software updates - that was not an issue. The gimble just simply would not engage.
See photo 3 for the end of the lever arm and shaft inside the case and photo 4 for where the end of the shaft mates to the potentiometer / x1 control.

I solved the problem by first removing the plate from the back of the DJ6. It is only glued on and popped of with a little pressure. You will need to clean off the glue residue. I then added a washer (see photo 6) so it would make up the difference lost in thickness of the plate on the outside forcing it to seat on the potentiometer (see photo 7) when the case is closed. The outside now looks like this - see photo 8.

Works fine now with an appropriate amount of resistance so I know everything is engaged. I also re-callibrated the X1 control in case the travel distance of the lever arm had changed.

Works great now.

I can only attach three photos at a time to posts like this so I will add photos 6,7 and 8 to the next one. Also, I left a few other photos out, so I only have photos 1,3,4,6,7 and 8.

Attachments

• 2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-1.jpg
    2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-1.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 501
  • 2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-3.jpg
    2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-3.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 479
  • 2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-4.jpg
    2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-4.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 522
Continuation of my earlier post - last three photos.

Attachments

• 2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-6.jpg
    2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-6.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 486
  • 2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-7.jpg
    2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-7.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 472
  • 2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-8.jpg
    2014-02-09-Phantom Mod-8.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 474
Had the exact same issue as you. But I found this guys video and it fixed my issue as well. Love how DJI is sending out so many defective TX units.. :evil:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJLIHm2m90E[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20