H3-2D Gimbal Angle Unlevel

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have this problem with angled gimbal which I cannot find answer how to fix. I have even called supplier who wasn't sure what to do. Before I log case with DJI I was wondering whether anyone had this before ?
My Phantom 2 H3-2D is about 7 months old, always kept up to date with latest firmware. Few months ago I noticed that pictures from GoPro are at slight angle, somehow I failed to notice that gimbal is unlevel before flying.
See picture below:

I can't seem to find the solution on how to resolved this, it's not end of the world but it takes quite a lot of my time to level horizon in every picture. Gimbal is quite expensive piece of kit and still in warranty, but I prefer to fix it myself if possible before sending it back...
I've seen different post and opinions but most of them only suggestive guest work, and none of the answers helped so far.

gp.jpg

Many thanks

connect to naza software and go into gimbal tab and play with settings .. or
Ive seen some attach penny to outside of go pro to balance manually.

Me personally i would play with gimbal settings first. Visually inspect for any bent arms or issues from crashes, lastly if all else fails and it annoys me that much could alway factory reset gimbal and then update ...

after looking at you picture it looks like gimbal arm is tweaked...

you can always uninstall gimbal mount from phantom body and install a couple washers on one side to level the craft again prior to reinstalling the gimbal.

have you crashed or landed on something uneven.

grybaz said:
Hi Everyone,

I have this problem with angled gimbal which I cannot find answer how to fix. I have even called supplier who wasn't sure what to do. Before I log case with DJI I was wondering whether anyone had this before ?
My Phantom 2 H3-2D is about 7 months old, always kept up to date with latest firmware. Few months ago I noticed that pictures from GoPro are at slight angle, somehow I failed to notice that gimbal is unlevel before flying.
See picture below:

I can't seem to find the solution on how to resolved this, it's not end of the world but it takes quite a lot of my time to level horizon in every picture. Gimbal is quite expensive piece of kit and still in warranty, but I prefer to fix it myself if possible before sending it back...
I've seen different post and opinions but most of them only suggestive guest work, and none of the answers helped so far.

gp.jpg

That gimbal frame looks bent possibly from either a crash or hitting something on the ground.

Many thanks

After crashing my h3-3d, the gimbal arm was bent and showed the same symptoms as yours.
I found that the gimbal arm was bent and the four mounting tabs were bent also.
It was easy to straighten the mounting arms but the gimbal arm was a little more difficult.
I did carefully bend the arm back into place by holding the base and manually bending the arm a little bit at a time until the video was level. Time consuming because after each attempt
I needed to fly over a level horizon and check for level video.
The alignment correction needs to be between the black electronics case mounted on the gimbal and the motor mount arms. Inside the black box is a electronic level detector. So, bending anything below this box will not level the picture because the detector will only compensate for the change.
If this is not clear, please ask me for more details.
For a coarse adjustment, look at the spacing between the top of the black box and the mount direcly above it. These two surfaces should be parallel.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31