guys which vibration dampe are you using?

Reaction score
hi,
i got phantom 2 with h3-3d, before i was using h3-2d without jello or vibration then i bought h3-3d, with white dampers i have jello problem, i try black ( 50 ) dampers it work fine but when i see gimbal it is shaking too much like a belly dance :D .. on video no problem it is so clear . is it normal that gimbal is shaking ? thanks

Re: guys which vibration dampers are you using?

Gains settings:
145/145/140/140
90/90

#50 dampeners

marmarisleee said:
hi,
i got phantom 2 with h3-3d, before i was using h3-2d without jello or vibration then i bought h3-3d, with white dampers i have jello problem, i try black ( 50 ) dampers it work fine but when i see gimbal it is shaking too much like a belly dance :D .. on video no problem it is so clear . is it normal that gimbal is shaking ? thanks
Having 3D jello issues too, and wondering what to try next.

Sorry... Are you saying you did try some of the included black dampeners, and they made recorded video jello worse?

ubets said:
Gains settings:
145/145/140/140
90/90

#50 dampeners
Thats quite a bit different from stock. Those settings solved jello issues for with a H3-3D?

Away Point said:
marmarisleee said:
hi,

Sorry... Are you saying you did try some of the included black dampeners, and they made recorded video jello worse?

first i try with white dampers and video was jello ad little vibration.. then i try black soft dampers , when i fly , i look gimbal from ground and gimbal was shaking and phantom flying same instable, then i check video and i shock , because no vibration and no jello on video ..

marmarisleee said:
Away Point said:
marmarisleee said:
hi,

first i try with white dampers and video was jello ad little vibration.. then i try black soft dampers , when i fly , i look gimbal from ground and gimbal was shaking and phantom flying same instable, then i check video and i shock , because no vibration and no jello on video ..
Interesting, thanks.

Now I'm wondering if the jello issue can be caused by the rubber dampeners flexing enough that the top gimbal motor touches the Phantom battery. That would certainly expose the gimbal to vibration.

Just wish I was as impressed and satisfied with the 3D, as I was with the 2D.

Try small nylon washers at the mounting points. After using washers I have used both white & black insulators and have zero jello issues.

EMCSQUAR said:
Try small nylon washers at the mounting points. After using washers I have used both white & black insulators and have zero jello issues.
thanks, i will try it tomorrow, hope its work ..

i fly with adding plastic washers and white viration dampers, its better then before but still little vibration and jello..

Make sure your battery does not have a little black mark from the gimbal motor touching the batter case. If so, then that can lead to a jello problem as well. You need a spacer to clear the distance. www.ezdrone.com has them for ten dollars

A few things to check if you have jello with the 3D:

- Ensure 3rd axis motor isn't rubbing against the battery or even close. If using original P2, make extra sure you have enough spacers between gimbal and battery. If using 2nd gen P2, it couldn't hurt to add spacers anyway. It's pretty tight in there (I did to add a mm of extra clearance).

- Use an ND filter. I use a very light weight ND filter with no balancing and it's great. A small baseball-shaped "cap" of gorilla tape also shields the lens from prop shadow when flying towards the sun. ND filter really has a major impact in reducing jello.

- Balance your props. It takes 2 min and just requires the special rod for $9 from Atlanta Hobby and a bit of scotch tape. Works wonders for jello issues.

- Ensure your gimbal mount plate and lower gimbal mount are not "bound" together in any restrictive way. That transfers vibration to the camera. If using the safety tie rods, make sure they are in the outermost position that allows free play of the two plates. If using zip ties make sure they aren't in anyway restrictive.

Hope that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues