Guy smashes Phantom 3 due to bad customer service

Reaction score

Though i know Mandarin(fairly well), he is speaking in a very thick accent, so i'll do my best to let you know whats happening.

He bought the drone for 8000 dollars with two batteries, plus remote etc. He accidentally spilt cola onto the grill outlet of the gimbal thingy. He sent it back for repairs to DJI and they quoted him a repair bill of 4187 dollars.
They say the whole gimbal must be changed including camera. He says the camera can still move. He finds it too expensive and wants to smash it. And doesn't want to repair it. he actually request to just change the circuit board inside the gimbal instead of changing the whole gimbal assembly.

He wants to smash it. Not because he cannot pay, nor because he has too much money. He just thinks that DJI is too cut-throat.

"Shows the repair bill in the vid"

He shows his big and medium sized model planes, he says he doesn't need to only play with Phantom 3. Proceeds to rip out the gimbal and smashes it with the hammer. Smashes the drone and takes out battery.

HIs friend chimes in that repairs for other parts always costs thousands of their dollars, showing that they are pissed. Continues to smash the drone.

Drives his car over the drone. Says he not only wants to smash, but wants to step on it.

Later goes on to say that DJI is too cut throat to charge so much for repairs and states the DJI is a trash company that should not continue to exist.

He bought the drone for 8000 dollars with two batteries????? Gosh I hope hes not meaning 8K US cause if so he got wayyyyyyy ripped off.

I wonder what the chinese DJI/PhantomPilots forums are like?

Anyways.. 4000RMB seems reasonable from my perspective. He spilt coke into the gimbal board. Though it can be done, the technicians at DJI are not going to disassemble, replace board, re-assemble and test. If they did this, you'll wait next Christmas to get your phantom back. They rather charge you for new camera+gimbal and this case 4000 rmb is about $600usd. The warranty doesn't cover liquid ingress.

One thing to say. Seek anger management help. Medication is also available.

Reactions: Eddyfisher
I hear that Bondic can help with shell cracks.

Reactions: JoBe
I'm not sure what he proved. The many parts that could have been removed and sold would probably have been worth more than he paid in the first place.

Reactions: pchin2
I hear that Bondic can help with shell cracks.
Yes but this guy is really cracked! Doubt Bondic will fix what's ailing him[emoji23]

Bad Karma coming, he's gonna get Phantom flats.
image.jpg

oops, he does seem pissed !
wonder if he wants to sell the spare battery
I was cringing as I watched in anticipation of him hitting the battery with the hammer.

Attachments

• mad as hell.jpeg
    mad as hell.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 451
Man....this is worst than a horror movie....such a pain....so many good pieces to sell :(((((

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20