Guidelines for Legally Operating a UAS in North Carolina

Reaction score
I just received a reply form the NC DOT Division of Aviation regarding the legal use of UAS/UAV aka drones in North Carolina. I searched the forums before I posted this for information specifically pertaining to NC and only found people asking what the rules are and replies without links or first hand sources of information. This post should clear up any future questions. The attachment also provides instruction as to what you need to do should you get an exemption as well as the direct contact information for the state of NC UAS Program.

Attachments

• Guidelines for Legally Operating a UAS in NC.pdf
    113.2 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:
Man, the 333 exemption has been discussed at length in these forums. That requirement isn't indigenous to just N.C. It's a federal requirement throughout the U.S.

Also, the recreational use of a drone in the U.S. is a Federally regulated set of mandates. Not just N.C. The only caveat here is knowing what each State, county, municipality and city has tacked onto the Federal restrictions and mandates. If any.

As you mentioned, these are strictly for recreational purposes. All the rules change if you do so for commercial gain.

Reactions: Ken Cruise

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers