Guests sue groom over drone strike at wedding.

Bet the guest wins! That pilot violated every rule, guideline, law (whatever you want to insert here) about not flying over people.

Reactions: Ericb
So he didn't have the controls and is unsure of who did. Forget about flying over people, I think not knowing who is controlling your aircraft is likely a bigger sin.

A waiter and the DJ says the groom was flying it....

"Scott Robb II, vice president of Searles Castle, said he never gave Billcliff permission to fly the drone. In fact, when Robb saw the drone buzzing around outside the tent earlier, he says he told Billcliff to ground it. Later, Robb said, a waiter informed him the groom had maneuvered the drone into the tent.

Robb ran over but it was too late. Blood was gushing from one woman’s head. Robb called for an ambulance.

The DJ, Robb said, told him the groom was operating the drone at the time."

I'm thinking of trying this, but maybe use an Inspire 2 (Available in maybe March according to the B&H Photo rep at the LA Drone Expo.) but with a 45mm lens and ditch the wide/normal lens. The 45mm would be about a 90mm on a 35mm camera so it's a bit of telephoto. That would put the drone about 25 feet away and cover anyone up to 7 feet (tall) and maybe 10 feet wide area for a single person, further out for a group. The wide lenses normally coming with these things is just too close for comfort.

Crazy. This whole thing was obviously not thought out in advance. I saw a video somewhere of an Inspire delivering the wedding bands. Prop guards were on and the operator was close by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav