Guess what i forgot ?‍♂️

Reaction score
So after a quick nip down the road to have a fly between showers I decided I needed to add some idiot proofing to my p4 case.

Can anyone guess what I forgot ?‍♂️

15748808185734346621431736806531.jpg

Here is something i never understand.... Why people even take the memory card out of the drone in the first place??????
I change cards with each battery to avoid the risk of losing one big card worth of media if the drone gets lost.
Taking the card out is dramatically faster when offloading media files.
Taking the card out means that the AC does not need to be powered up. This avoids the well documented risk of overheat damage; particularly with a P3P.

[Editing for clarity and punctuation]

Last edited:
I change cards with each battery to avoid the risk of losing a card worth of media.
Taking the card out is dramatically faster when offloading media files
Taking the card out means that the AC does not need to be powered up. This avoids the well documented risk of overheat damage; particularly with a P3P.

All seems to be personal preference and i respect that but not something that could actually damage the card/s or cause loss of data or even damage to the drone..

Here is something i never understand.... Why people even take the memory card out of the drone in the first place??????

At the moment I only have one class 3 micro sd card so took it out to download media to my imac.

Will buy some more but I've only had the drone a few days and only taken it out flying twice so hasn't been that high up my todo list yet.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
WellYou have to take it out to get it in your computer to copy the videos off.
I only take it out when I need to use it. o_O

I only remove the SD card when the camera is detached from the Phantom. :rolleyes:;)

Rod

Reactions: Oso
I take the card out after every time I shoot video or pics download to my pc erase the card clean the phantom check it over then replace the card and put it all back in its case only needs a battery charge and its ready to go

I always take the card out to copy files to computer. But always put the card in before I close the drone box. So no need to worry about the card is when I'm going to fly.
But instead of that I put the reminder sticker to switch the phone into flight mode or better - leave the phone in the car, otherwise my Phantom starts to complain about an interference.

Tell me if I'm mistaking but, doesn't the app let you know if the SD card is not installed. I'm pretty sure I have seen this message on my P4P go app.

Tell me if I'm mistaking but, doesn't the app let you know if the SD card is not installed. I'm pretty sure I have seen this message on my P4P go app.

My GoApp only tells me 'No SD Card' if I try to take a pic, or start a video.

If I follow my 'Preflight Checklist' like I'm supposed to, I won't forget the SD card. Yes. Speaking from experience. Oops. [emoji30]

Yeah, but if you leave the card at home, that warning is going to be much help. ;)

But if you do see the message before you land or get back home, you won't be looking for it where you flew. :)

This link is a must read. :)
Standard - Lost SD card in flight!...Nevermind, I found it!

Rod

A fast and easy way to down load it to the computer.
I have many cards and leave extra in the case. If I was desperate, I would take the one out of my car cam.
I also take mine out to put the video on my phone.. my s9+ has a 2.7k display so i enjoy watching them on my lunch break or showing a friend.. cant do those crappy 480 vids that automatically go to your phone.. its a pain sometimes but worth it. Next is a portable harddrive!

Last edited:
Reactions: droningandmore
My GoApp only tells me 'No SD Card' if I try to take a pic, or start a video.

If I follow my 'Preflight Checklist' like I'm supposed to, I won't forget the SD card. Yes. Speaking from experience. Oops. [emoji30]
So do djis... lol mine says as soon as i start my motors

Last edited:
Reactions: captainmilehigh
I always have one in my case. I have forgotten my tablet or glasses (always have my phone and a pair of glasses in the car), but never have been left without SD card to record to.

Reactions: Millssy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic