Guess its finally my turn: 1.8 FW RC Disconnected

Reaction score
I've never experienced any issues updating FW before until now. I"ve read several of the difficulties some have had and others it went just fine. So I thought time to throw the dice.

1.8 installed successfully. NOTHING I do can get past the "DISCONNECTED" screen on my IOS DJI Go app.

I've tried the following:

Deleted the DJI GO app and reinstalled
Plugged the MicroSD card into a USB reader and plugged that directly into the RC. It will not update the RC Firmware.

Should I downgrade back to 1.7?

So frustrating.

Upgrade RC using DJI Go App. RC version should be 1.6.0

Have patience, you will succeed.

You should finally get following:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460647147.507668.jpg

Try starting at step #14 here.

Upgrade RC using DJI Go App. RC version should be 1.6.0

Have patience, you will succeed.

Step #22. Click the "Enter Camera View" button.

My only option here is "How to Connect".

It doesn't detect the Phantom so it doesn't give me the option to "ENTER Camera View".

So all of the proceeding steps are null and void. No way to see the message pop up that my RC needs updating.

I've seen this plenty in prior FW updates. This is the first time Its not working

With your remote controller connected to your mobile device, click and hold the graduation cap for 5-10 seconds at the top, right of that screen. You should be given the option to download the RC firmware.

Step #22. Click the "Enter Camera View" button.

My only option here is "How to Connect".

It doesn't detect the Phantom so it doesn't give me the option to "ENTER Camera View".

Try touching the drop down list of Phantom models. That should then enable the enter camera view option.
If you havent yet updated your RC as required to use it with bird FW 1.8, you should see that option now. If not, there are three suggestions to get it that I can follow up with.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Try touching the drop down list of Phantom models. That should then enable the enter camera view option.

When that screen opens I get..

Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown
Device Not Connected
Please select Firmware Version = NONE

If you havent yet updated your RC as required to use it with bird FW 1.8, you should see that option now. If not, there are three suggestions to get it that I can follow up with.
Or swipe models left right and see if you can see camera view.

If you cannot download the firmware via the graduation cap method, then try restarting DJI GO a few times and waiting for the RC upgrade message to appear at the top of the camera view. It should eventually appear.

When that screen opens I get..

Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown
Device Not Connected
Please select Firmware Version = NONE
Hit status bar in the middle and do you see any message to update RC? Your mobile should have Internet connection on.

No. The drop down list does not permit me to "Enter Camera View"
What happens when you click and hold the graduation cap?

Is your mobile connected to Internet and to RC?

He said he got this, though he replied to me.
Ah. Confusing.

Take it away then alokbhargava. I'll sit back and watch ;)

Yes.
Is your mobile connected to Internet and to RC?

Yep it sure is. I power up the Phantom.. Wait a few mins. Then launch the DJI Go App. The power on the RC.

I can tell the RC is connected to the Phantom because if I yaw left and right I can see a little movement from the camera.

DJI Go app remains "Connect your DJI Device" and gives me a drop down list to choose from. At the bottom. "How to COnnect" instead of "Enter Camera View"

Graduation hat still can't identify anything.

It's not necessary but preferred to switch off aircraft during RC upgrade. We do not want any interference.

Yes.

Yep it sure is. I power up the Phantom.. Wait a few mins. Then launch the DJI Go App. The power on the RC.

I can tell the RC is connected to the Phantom because if I yaw left and right I can see a little movement from the camera.

DJI Go app remains "Connect your DJI Device" and gives me a drop down list to choose from. At the bottom. "How to COnnect" instead of "Enter Camera View"

Graduation hat still can't identify anything.
Many times you get stuck to how to connect if mobile device is not plugged correctly into the device. If that's not the situation, try rebooting the device.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj