GS Mission outside flight limits set in assistant?

Reaction score
Good evening,

Does anyone have any experience ending a GS mission outside the flight limits set in Assistant... Example I was testing an app for a developer and setup a GS that wasone way over 8 miles and 14 waypoints. I sent the bird on its way and gave chase in the jeep...she stopped at each waypoint and continued flawlessly....once the battery got to 20% I got the on screen warning as it is set to do and I flipped s1 down all the way and back up to take control and have the bird in GPS mode...which the app showed I was in...the scary part was the bird was drifting away from me and regardless of what I tried to do I could not get it to respond to any right stick commands...could ascend and descend...had 9 sats so that wasnt the issue... only when I stopped panicking and switched to atti did the bird respond and come to me...almost on land I switched back to gps and damned if the thing didnt go away from me again....

Heres the question...I had my flight limit for the bird in assistant set to 8000 ft as I never figured I would fly further,lol.... since the "homepoint" was around 8 miles away was the bird trying to return to the flight area??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... **** bird upgraded when I plugged in to check the limits in assistant so now I am at 3.12 oh well...such is life,lol....

Here is the video...
http://youtu.be/_aePGyx93tU

Jump to 11:30 which is right as I switch to gps mode and wife pulled the jeep over and I jump out...totally expected the bird to just hover where she stopped...but from the video you can see she jerks back and starts drifting or heading back...was a very long few minutes without control...can also see right before I grab her I switch modes again and she heads away from me again...any ideas would be great...

Sounds like you need to check the gps connection as it may be loose

A loose gps connection will cause some pretty crazy stuff with the flight controller and can cause unresponsiveness to any input

Yes it was trying to return home because of low battery. Once you switched off GS then back to GPS it followed the RTH procedure for low battery. Then when you switched to ATTI mode you cancel that out and so on when you switched back to GPS it headed for home again.

Im gonna rule out loose GPS connection as I already fixed that, but that was a good suggestion :)...The RTH makes sense... just gotta keep that in mind for long flights as that could be bad.....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub