GS altitude adjustment?

Reaction score
So I have the vision 2 with GS for my Nexus 4. When I great ready for flight I notice the altitude is way off by a few feet. Would this effect flight for waypoints and RTH?

ZeroOxygen said:
So I have the vision 2 with GS for my Nexus 4. When I great ready for flight I notice the altitude is way off by a few feet. Would this effect flight for waypoints and RTH?

Yep. U need to give plenty of margin for error in your waypoints. Plus they dont account for ground rise or fall.

The longer you have the Phantom switched on the higher it rises....according to it's readings. This is a Major bug. Don't know if it is the soft- or the Hardware. Anyway what helps is to get to the site, power on the Phantom, let it sit there a while and power off. Then when you power it on again I realized the altitude Deviation isn't that big as before. But in General you can say the longer it is powered on the higher the altitude Deviation. Unfortunately it deviates in the wrong direction. If it would deviate to a negative altitude you would be safer. But this way you cannot have autonomous flights in low altitudes above obstacles unless you always are able to Keep contant and Switch to ATTI and stop the Mission.

Rgds,
Kent

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj