Growth of Value - DJI Ops app

What does the "Growth of Value" mean in the updated DJI Ops app?
Notice a couple hundred views, but no answers. ARE PEOPLE AFRAID TO READ THE DIRECTIONS?! SURELY, with an app with as many complications as this one has, there is a large but consider manual. With every update followed by a manual with a new rev! SURELY! SURELY NOT!

Do they need more English speaking manual writers? I'm an Electrical Engineer, not working, a native English speaker, and I've written tons of manuals. Worst part of my old job, but I'm good at it, and if the money's right, I'd love it. I could even help out in Engineering if you got in a bind. I'd even relocate to China! And be totally apolitical. So whoever reads this at DJI, CONSIDER THIS A COVER LETTER! You guys really need to do something about your technical documentation. Your advertisements read good. But someone shouldn't have to ask this question about "Growth of Value". Also it's psychologically bad. It's like you're putting a number on a human beings value. Someone could get a inferiority complex.

I'M A LEVEL 24 WITH A GROWTH OF VALUE OF OVER 424,000! I don't know what that means, but it happened fast. IF HIGHER IS BETTER, I THINK IT MEANS "Hire this guy, and put him in charge of English Technical Documentation for $250K or so. I'd do other languages too. I'd use Google Translate!

Please get back to me ASAP.

Glenn

I'm with Glenn. I've been in technical documentation for over 3 decades. I've seen worse, much worse, but that doesn't mean that DJI's docs are up to snuff.
  1. The docs don't get scrubbed, meaning that procedures get stale. I've noticed over a year of P3P production that a lot of procedures changes, from steps in the Go app for flying, to the indicators for firmware updates. And did the Docs keep up with those changes? No, they did not.

2. Stuff that was never there and still isn't. There's a BUNCH of stuff in the Go app that is a mystery to me. Without documentation, I can sometimes figure it out by changing the value of that setting and flying to see what changed (which introduces no small amount of RISK to the craft I'm flying). Other times, it just seems to do nothing, like a light-switch on the wall that doesn't seem to operate any lights or outlets.

3. This is just a tip: Unlike Glenn, most engineers are not necessarily the best doc owners. By owner, I mean a person or leader of a team that is responsible for documentation accuracy. You need a DEDICATED documentation team, or at least one full time person. This person will not just write: their job will be to interview the engineers about all features, in the apps or hardware, and all changes for all revisions, and sanity check all steps for all procedures. If you can't do that, you can't be a the world-leader in your industry, which it SEEMS like you're trying hard to be in many other areas.

4. If that one person (distinguished engineer, perhaps founder of the company, etc.) insists on holding documentation ownership close to their chest, they should periodically hire an editor that will check for language and fact check procedure steps. That can be a temp vendor that doesn't need to be a full time, stock sharing member of the staff.

I've said much the same thing out on the DJI forums to no avail. I doubt they will work better here.

Chris

Reactions: rmarler
Notice a couple hundred views, but no answers. ARE PEOPLE AFRAID TO READ THE DIRECTIONS?! SURELY, with an app with as many complications as this one has, there is a large but consider manual. With every update followed by a manual with a new rev! SURELY! SURELY NOT!

Do they need more English speaking manual writers? I'm an Electrical Engineer, not working, a native English speaker, and I've written tons of manuals. Worst part of my old job, but I'm good at it, and if the money's right, I'd love it. I could even help out in Engineering if you got in a bind. I'd even relocate to China! And be totally apolitical. So whoever reads this at DJI, CONSIDER THIS A COVER LETTER! You guys really need to do something about your technical documentation. Your advertisements read good. But someone shouldn't have to ask this question about "Growth of Value". Also it's psychologically bad. It's like you're putting a number on a human beings value. Someone could get a inferiority complex.

I'M A LEVEL 24 WITH A GROWTH OF VALUE OF OVER 424,000! I don't know what that means, but it happened fast. IF HIGHER IS BETTER, I THINK IT MEANS "Hire this guy, and put him in charge of English Technical Documentation for $250K or so. I'd do other languages too. I'd use Google Translate!

Glenn
Phan

Glenn
Phantom

Glenn

Glenn

It is really unbelievable how they can distribute an update without describing what they are intending or introducing. DJI must put some of their money into pro tech docs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4