Groundstation close call

Lol that is awesome! Go buy a lottery ticket! [emoji23]

Reactions: MJF739B
Trees love quads it's their favorite food.

Reactions: yorlik and MJF739B
Here is the entire video. It was a a test. Flying a distance, dropping below tree level and coming home.

What good was posting it if you removed it?

Have done the same thing. Checked around and it looked like the trees heights were at 125 feet. Set my height at 135 and who would have thunk two tree in forest at 137 ft. Barely clipped one. I now fly at 150'ft. Had to get pine needles out of my gimbal. Whew... Scary too!

I dropped the long video and am currently posting an edited (shorter) version. This issue was that my first way point was 150 feet but I sent it on the mission starting at 60 feet. So it gained altitude and started towards the first way point simultaneously. Usually I climb to the way point altitude before starting the mission, avoiding this situation. Over the field I set another way point 20 feet fom the first changing altitude only. Then crossing the field at 45 feet I set another close way point 30 feet away but at the 150 foot mark. I'm hiding in the bushes in every clip to take manual control.

Have done the same thing. Checked around and it looked like the trees heights were at 125 feet. Set my height at 135 and who would have thunk two tree in forest at 137 ft. Barely clipped one. I now fly at 150'ft. Had to get pine needles out of my gimbal. Whew... Scary too!

If this is how you avoid trees (trying to fly 10' above their height), you will be crashing pretty soon. There is no reason not to be at least 50' above the tree line.

Agree on 50' above - just terrain around us can change 30' easy so a 30' clearance can dissappear quick.

Thanks for the video. I am about to embark on GS grid flying over corn and soybean fields for a farmer neighbor. First rounds were free flight - at 150' to clear the trees between fields, and it leaves a bit to be desired on video closeups; I too want to program descent for grid at each field.... Thanks for comments and pix showing it.

Any VRS concern over dropping from 150' to 40' straight down though?

I have yet to try the gps mode. I bought the Phantom 2 with the GoPro hero gimbal and got it stuck in a 140ft tree in my back yard. I had to let it sit for 3 days of pouring down rain. I had a tree climber get it for me and the gimbal broke. The phantom flys fine except for one light is out. Oh and the GoPro camera was fine. That was last month and I now have the Phantom 2 vision and have had zero problems. I need to figure out how to set the gps flight system.

Reactions: yorlik

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj