Grounded after Firmware Update

Reaction score
Hi Gang, I just uploaded the new firmware and my Phantom will now only throttle slightly past an idle, not enough for takeoff. (batteries at full charge) I reloaded the update again and calibrated the Phantom and still the same problem exists. I reinstalled default setting and install the original firmware but it would not allow me to do so. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Quadchopper said:
Hi Gang, I just uploaded the new firmware and my Phantom will now only throttle slightly past an idle, not enough for takeoff. (batteries at full charge) I reloaded the update again and calibrated the Phantom and still the same problem exists. I reinstalled default setting and install the original firmware but it would not allow me to do so. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Did you push the throttle all the way up? Sorry to ask a stupid question but with the new update, it threw me off at first. I was scratching my head until I said ******** let's give it full throttle a try and see what happens. It shot right up into the sky. I really don't like the new update but once you get passed that initial take-off, it's back to fun again. Good Luck!

Quadchopper said:

for reference...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu5daRzYpY0

yeah dont peg the throttle on take off,, just go to midpoint and phantom will lift off on its on and hover at five to six feet, then adjust for height you want,, to land go one notch below midpoint and once phantom lands it will shut motors off,, makes it easy for lift off and landing.

toolman2a said:
yeah dont peg the throttle on take off,, just go to midpoint and phantom will lift off on its on and hover at five to six feet, then adjust for height you want,, to land go one notch below midpoint and once phantom lands it will shut motors off,, makes it easy for lift off and landing.

Is that how's it suppose to work??? Wow!!! I must have missed that post. Thanks for getting me up to speed and I'm sorry for passing bogus info previously. Thanks!!

If you think about it, it kind of makes sense
-as any craft will go up only when you take it over 50%

the new takeoff is just fine once you get the hang of it.
totally seems to prevent the initial tendency it had to tip over prior.

yeap it did stop the tendacy to tip over on take off and landing are nice and soft no banging it or bouncing it off the ground now,i kinda like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31