Ground Station wont open

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been flying my phantom vision 2 for a while now and wanting to try the ground station that is built into the DJI app. I have updated the firmware and have the latest app installed on my Samsung s4. But, when I swipe left, the ground station portion opens, then closes right away and goes back to home screen of app. I have it turned on in the settings. I tried on my wifes Samsung s4 and it did open, but froze her phone up.

The FPV works great on my phone, so not sure what to try next.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
TJ

Just a thought.

Before I was able to fly GS, when I would try to "swipe" the screen I would get a GPS mode unavailable message.

The solution? I didn't have the latest version of the .bin software loaded into my PV2 camera. I went back on the dji site and downloaded the software and put it on the micro sd card using a universal sd card reader. I put the sd card into the camera and turned the camera on. I know the software upgraded the camera because the .bin software was renamed with a name extension.

After this easy procedure I was able to get gps mode in my ground station screen.

If you haven't done this you should try it. If for nothing else but to make sure your camera firmware is up to date. But also things that don't seem intuitive are actually the solution.

Let me know how that works. And btw, the GS mode is amazing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers