Ground station with Zenmuse?

Reaction score
I am concerned that I am asking too much of the Phantom.

Is anyone running the Ground Station with a H3-3D?

I have datalink, iOSD mini, Boscam 400W VTx and H3-3D, all up weight is 1384g. She flies fine with the standard props but even better with the 9450 thrust boosted props. Flight time is around 14 minutes.

Could one of you show me (pics) how you have all that hardward stuffed in there. My bird came with the OSD, interference board (camera), and vid board velcro'd underneath behind the gimble. Now I have to try and fit the air side, on her somewhere.

Correct me if I am wrong but, I dont need the BT module if I am using PC?

I put the interference board kind of on the side of the bird near that connection and put the airside module behind the gimbal instead (more surface area to attach)

I crammed the iOSD, H3-3D interference board, data link module (minus aluminum cover), Flytrex wiring and jumble of video Tx wiring inside.

Just have the Immersion video Tx, H3-3D and Flytrex outside.

Nice and neat. But a bit snug inside.

damoncooper said:
I crammed the iOSD, H3-3D interference board, data link module (minus aluminum cover), Flytrex wiring and jumble of video Tx wiring inside.

ooh boy..flytrex?
what is that?

thumpinhard said:
damoncooper said:

ooh boy..flytrex?
what is that?

Flight logger and analyzer: http://www.flytrex.com

damoncooper said:

Next time you have it apart, could you take/send me a pic of your arrangement. I'm going to wait a little before I move everything inside. I really would like a successful pattern to follow rather than experiment.

Yes Yes Yes, please send photos of air end of the data link. I just got my PC GS a few days ago and don't know if I should mount the air end data link hardware inside or outside the Phantom.

If data link inside the Phantom, how do you bring out the antenna.
If data link outside the Phantom, how do you bring out the CAN-Bus interface connector.

Please help,

I'll post photos next time it's open but in a nutshell:

- remove the top black aluminum cover of the data link (saves weight and critical space( and cover that side of the module with electrical tape.

- plug the data link into the unused iOSD CANBUS connector

- I sent one antenna down the leg via the leg hole and one along the arm via the vent hole (thus accomplishing the 90degree delta the instructions suggest for best diversity reception.

tbwester said:
here is a pic of my setup. h3-3d and ground station. I just taped the ground station to the copter. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qyhiuu7vcxmj ... 5.jpg?dl=0

Do you have a FPV Tx hidden in there somewhere. I think I was unclear in my posting. I am trying to stuff the H3-3D, interference card, OSD mini, Boscam vid Tx, Airside Datalink, CanBus Hub.

You have your air side right where my Tx is. I am looking for a some short SMA antenna extensions, which will allow me to relocate Tx internal and solve alot of my probs.

Here is the internal view of my Phantom. The 2.4GHz PC GS Data Link is obvious, less obvious is the DJI iOSD mini and the CAN-BUS connector which are also internal but more difficult to see.

Not shown is the DJI AVL 5.8GHz FVP video transmitter and the Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal which are located on the underside of the Phantom.

Attachments

• Phantom Internal View after GS.JPG
    642 KB · Views: 367
RipperFox said:
tbwester said:
here is a pic of my setup. h3-3d and ground station. I just taped the ground station to the copter. No big deal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qyhiuu7vcxmj ... 5.jpg?dl=0

Do you have a FPV Tx hidden in there somewhere. I think I was unclear in my posting. I am trying to stuff the H3-3D, interference card, OSD mini, Boscam vid Tx, Airside Datalink, CanBus Hub.

You have your air side right where my Tx is. I am looking for a some short SMA antenna extensions, which will allow me to relocate Tx internal and solve alot of my probs.

You shouldn't need the Hub if you are going all internal like I did (VTx excepted). Just plug the Data Link into the extra CANBUS connector on the iOSD mini, also internal.

Ripper, I'd be a little concerned about trying to mount your FPV Tx internally as well, especially with all that other gear in there too. I know some do it that way, but the transmitters are designed to be air cooled, and when they run hotter than normal it can affect the range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic