Ground Station with vision

Reaction score
I've been looking all over to try to find out if the Ground Station software will work with the Phantom 2 vision. I have read that it is supported with the Phantom 2. Even with that, I've not found any videos or information on the installation of the internal parts inside the vision.

The question I have is, does the vision have an internal canbus port that can accept the Bluetooth unit? Is there room inside the vision 2 case to install it? Has anyone done this and are there any videos or photos of the install?

It is not compatible with the P2 Vision, and isn't going to be in the future. The P2 is supposed to get some of the same functionality through a firmware update at some point, but the release of that keeps getting pushed back indefinitely.

OI Photography said:
It is not compatible with the P2 Vision, and isn't going to be in the future. The P2 is supposed to get some of the same functionality through a firmware update at some point, but the release of that keeps getting pushed back indefinitely.

DJI announced back in December that GS would be compatible with the Vision.

Bezore said:
OI Photography said:

DJI announced back in December that GS would be compatible with the Vision.

No, DJI announced in December that the P2V would be getting groundstation-like functionality...but that still hasn't materialized.

OI Photography said:

Don't hold your breath. It's my belief that state and federal regulators forced the 3.00 version firmware update for height and position restrictions, and have told DJI that GPS waypoint BVR flying is out, they can no longer offer it with this product.

rwalt said:
OI Photography said:

Don't hold your breath. It's my belief that state and federal regulators forced the 3.00 version firmware update for height and position restrictions, and have told DJI that GPS waypoint BVR flying is out, they can no longer offer it with this product.
that would be really sad....
But if PC software etc has this why would they restrict it...
plus, if the states of america demand this, they can still update the app for europe app stores....and its easy to get that on america phones too...

I hope DJI can tell us something about this.
I would really want a vision+ but really would like the waypoint ability.

thedjiguy said:
Dji is expected to release an App update that allows the P2V to fly waypoints. It could be out any day now.

You will probably have to update to 3.00 to use the new app. I was looking forward to waypoint capability, and I'm assuming now that the recent firmware upgrade is for restrictions on the waypoints.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4