Ground Station Support is Coming!

Several members found this one already, but I'm pretty excited about it, it deserves its own thread.

I can't get too excited about Ground Station support when I lose video after about 400ft, I'm guessing the ground station will also disconnect at that point.

Good point Adam. It depends if the app "uploads" the instructions to the Phantom at the beginning of the flight, or if it's effectively sending control input commands "on the fly" (sorry!) to follow the set course. Be fun to find out, but if you've got range issues then the sooner someone comes up with a simple, workable booster for the signal the better.

That sound great, looking forward to trying it. What I'd really like from DJI for chrimbo, is NM Assistant. Had it on my Phantom 1 and it's great, you can adjust all the Assistant settings, if I remember rightly, only thing it didn't do, was the firmware updates! But even this must be possible with the wifi the Vision has. It would solve a lot for those that only have Mac or iPads etc. please DJI, bring the NMR Assistant to the Vision. ;)

Nice. Does anyone know if the vision needs to be constantly connected to the phone app for the gps coordinates updates or does the coordinates get copied to onboard memory so it can be totally autonomous.

Hi guys. I thought that there already was a ground station app out there. I have an I Pod and an I Pad, but no I Phone. When I tried to download the ground station app, it told me that my device could not be used with this app. I assume it was due to the fact that it is not an I Phone.

Will I be able to use this app with the I Pod or I Pad?

Thanks
Chuck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic