Ground Station issue when taking off from ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have had my Phantom 2 Vision + for about a month and have several flights in a few various locations. I have all firmware updates for the controller and aircraft. (Including Phantom 2 Vision+ Central Board V1.0.2.10 released Nov 28).
I have enjoyed flying and taking pictures and videos. Aircraft flies well and is stable.
Today was my first attempt at a Ground Station flight profile. After calibrating compass and confirming GPS lock, I set up waypoints and pressed GO on my smartphone and I expected as the manual states "If aircraft is on the ground, the aircraft takes off automatically and ascend 16ft (5m) then fly to the first waypoint." Instead when I pressed GO the aircraft started up, tilted in the direction of the first waypoint barely clearing the ground and then a fence and climbed and flew toward waypoint. I aborted flight by switching S1 and landed and tried again with same result. :eek:
I then tried again from a hover over home point and perfect! I guess I will continue to do this until I get a solution to taking off from the ground. The manual states that it is possible to take off from ground and there are videos with the Vision plus taking off and landing on their own using Ground Station.
Anyone know what I could do be doing wrong? or some other issue?
Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic