Ground station basics

Reaction score
I am planning to extend my phantom 2 experience to FPV and I want to know if the GS will be FPV or will I need to get an FPV system.

You will need both, for FPV you will need a camera, video transmitter and ground receiver, screen or goggles.
The Ground station allows you to program your flight waypoints and you can see where it is on google maps, the GS would not really be any use without the camera and FPV.

Great, thanks. I have the h3 gimbal for my GoPro's. I was curious about which to buy first, the fpv or the GS. U just made my decision easier. Now I just gotta figure out which fpv to get. I don't know if the fat shark would fit over my glasses. Thanks again for the info.

FYI, the ground station merely transposes the location of the aircraft onto a google map.
If you want to see what the camera is seeing, then you need the full fpv system as well.

A setup that I use to do this...1.3ghz Video as the FC40 is on 5.8 on the TX and the GS is 2.4... in the lid of my Phantom Case as well :)

Attachments

• WP_20140823_005.jpg
    WP_20140823_005.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 623
Suwaneeguy said:
FYI, the ground station merely transposes the location of the aircraft onto a google map.
If you want to see what the camera is seeing, then you need the full fpv system as well.

i assume you can have the ground station installed and at least set up way points and fly without using f.p.v. to see.. they are separate.
i was hoping to get the ground station for my p-2 with my 3-d zenmuse set up and later get the f.p.v…or am i wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj