Ground Station and Lost Satellites

Reaction score
I have read everything I can get my hands on and i cannot find out what happens if you loose satellites while in an active ground station mission. I know if the transmitter looses connection it will go into a RTH mode, but what will happen to the phantom if you are out of LOS on a GS mission and loose required number of satellites? I would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.

lsteigerwalt said:
It will just hover until it finds the satellites it needs and then complete the mission.

Is this an answer from DJI or are you supposing this is what will happen?

How will it "just hover" if it loses satellites and doesn't know where it is? If a phantom loses satellites it goes into ATTI mode and is subject to the forces of the wind carrying it away. It will hold altitude though as that is calculated through barometric pressure sensor.

kymedic121 said:
I have read everything I can get my hands on and i cannot find out what happens if you loose satellites while in an active ground station mission. I know if the transmitter looses connection it will go into a RTH mode, but what will happen to the phantom if you are out of LOS on a GS mission and loose required number of satellites? I would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.

You should never really be out of LOS on a ground station flight... limit is set to 500 meters and I've noticed that is pretty much the edge of where I can still just barely see mine ... and for sure still have FPV video showing on screen... With those two options in mind you should be able to flip the SD switch down to ATTI mode to regain control of the craft and point it home using FPV and onscreen HUD display if you feel your ground station mission has been compromised somehow.

Where I am flying granted I will take off from a field but she will be flying over wooded areas out of my sight even with the GS software limitations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic