Ground station 1st time using it

I noticed all the private swimming pools have some sort of cage over them. Is that so that when drones fall out of the sky, they won't land in a pool?
Nice clear footage, pretty steady, looks like you are going to have a great time with your Phantom. So show us more.

So why do all the swimming pools have covers like that? Seems to be a very common thing there or is it a LAW to have one if you have a pool?

manny, I love it.I plot the course on my ipad and press go. It does the rest.
If I can't see it LOS, I will see it on the ipad map.
If it crashes, I know where it is.

As for the cages over the pools, this may be a home owner's association rule.
I have sent them an email asking for clarification on this.
First time I've seen this too.

haha thanks for the comments guys. Everyone was so concerned about the pools...! lol the screened in pools are to keep the lizards and bugs outside. When you screen a pool in, the pool rarely gets debris in it, and the amount of bugs and reptiles here in Florida are insane so you need to screen it in to keep them out.

Also, I had around 9 satellites when I did this. Trust me its a little scary for the first time but I watched it fly around and I was at ease once I saw it following my mission. I wouldn't do it if you have under 7 satellites.

cokeaddict said:
So why do all the swimming pools have covers like that? Seems to be a very common thing there or is it a LAW to have one if you have a pool?
No law, but with an exposed pool in Florida, you will share nature with palmetto bugs (American cockroach), horse flies that eat kids, crawdads, mayflies that swarm in the billions, mosquitos that could carry off a small child, snakes, scorpions and small alligators (the big ones go right through the screen). Also leaves and aggressive birds.

Which reminds me what I like about the frozen north. I haven't seen a roach in eight years. And for some unknown reason, the New England mosquitos just don't like the taste of my California blood. They avoid me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20