Greetings from sunny California

Reaction score
Hi, Newbie here, P4P bought new a few weeks ago.
First off, I have to say that these craft are a lot of fun. With the FPV, I find my self immersed, with nearly the same intensity of flying a hang glider, where you see the flight much the same.
I flew wire guided planes when I was a young kid, later RC came along and I flew lots of different stuff, sailplanes to scale.
One day, I was slope sailing on a 1,000' hill enjoying steady lift. When up comes 2 pickups, covered in hang glider. They watch me as they hurry to set, the lift was perfect.
They launch and fly with me for over an hour. As they were tearing down, after landing, I went over to talk. One of them told me, " You need to get your [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] into the air!"
THAT, began my life of flying, Hang Gliders to Ultralight Aircraft, led to Airplanes and finally back to RC again.
Let me say that these craft are a lot more sophisticated, like night and day to 30 years ago. It is a pleasure to fly, relaxing even, no fuel or oil to clean, wow, I am hooked.
Bakersfield Quad

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum (I see you've been getting around the forum :) ).
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum (I see you've been getting around the forum :) ).
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
Thank you. :)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Hi. Is this soley for dji owners or are other drones excepted on here please ?;)

Hi. Is this soley for dji owners or are other drones excepted on here please ?;)
Welcome to the forum Andi . Yes this is pretty much DJI specific
but if you will scroll down you will see we have 9 forums covering lots you might like to look at .
What did you have in mind.

Welcome to the forum Andi . Yes this is pretty much DJI specific
but if you will scroll down you will see we have 9 forums covering lots you might like to look at .
What did you have in mind.

Well hi from chilly and wet England. I am hoping one day i can get dji phatom 3 standard. Id be more than happy with one of these. However on my wages and having a morgage , 3 dogs and a demanding wife it may be a while.
I was just trying to modify my drone , wont mention its name lol by adding a walkera g2d gimble.
I dont really want to power it from my drones battery by splicing into power leads , as I'm sure this would reduce my overall flight time.
Can anyone suggest a small battery that would fit into housing of my drone.
Hope this is understandable.
Im not the brightest in the box when its anything technical.
Thanks you lucky people.andi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik