Greetings from Maryland

Reaction score
Hey slickvolt here, newbie Phantom 4 Pro drone pilot...yet to make my first flight...batteries are a chargin...scary stuff reading these forums all the problems...may I say...I REALLY HOPE YALL ARE WRONG...DANG...

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

scary stuff reading these forums all the problems
Don't get too scared. Many people come here looking to resolve issues, so you're always going to see people discussing problems here.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Just did my first two flights...well sort of. Wanted to check flight systems of P4P drone, DJI GO4, and controller. I live under Class D Airspace (I’m a pilot), called tower, they were closed, nonoperational..good to go.
Struggled turning on drone and Controller...manual is very bad at this simple instruction, I was surprised by that. Google is my friend, lots of hits online...of course...major issue. Inquiring people who just laid out over a grand really want to know...the simple things...while I was at it, I googled...how to turn off drone and controller...lmao. DJI site had clear answer in its forum...but not in manual or quick start guide.
Undeterred, Turned everything on...lots of beeping from controller, flashing lights from drone...it LIVES. CONNECTED! Test 1 good to go. Test 2...perform auto takeoff, having read all documentation, drone should throttle up, raise off ground to 4’ and hover...press auto take off button...up 4 ft, hover. Test 2 complete. Test3 Noticed a little drift, I manually corrected. Test3 manual interaction with autonomous drone op completed. Test4 Pressed RTH , drone should land on designated home location...oops...I don’t recall having set a Home location...it landed about 4 feet away from take off position. Test 4 complete. Learn how to designate home position. Lessons learned...charging, proper drone assembly, proper controller and iPad assembly, powering on drone, powering on controller. Basic take off /hover, manual corrections, Basic RTH operations. Also noted class D warning on screen and verified clearance...but it persisted as warnings throughout my 2 minute first flight. Overall success.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20