Greenhorn Worries

Reaction score
Still not many flights due to wind and weather here. I have 3 batteries and have used each only twice so, yeah, still quite the greenhorn.

When descending, if I pull the stick for altitude all the way down, will it kill the motors in mid flight? I pull the stick all the way down and then ease off just a bit so I won't find out the answer the hard way.

I use an iPad Mini 2 and have DJI Go, Litchi and DJI GS Pro. I tried Litchi the other day for a preprogrammed mission and everything went well until landing. As Litchi requires "F" mode to operate, the bird started to drift with the wind as it came down and was dangerously close to landing on a busy highway. BIG downside to using that app for me. I gave it full forward and barely cleared the roadway as two heavy trucks roared past. Have not tried GS Pro yet, does it require "F" mode also? I might wind up using DJI Go exclusively as the "F" mode seems a bit too risky for me until I get better at flying.

It bought a set of carbon fiber HausBell prop and carefully checked their balance. The drone is much more responsive than with the flexible DJI props. I read how some have had prop failures in flight and have wondered what brand they were using. These were no cheaper that others but I don't know how HausBell props are made. I think they are one solid piece of carbon fiber with the hub formed around a hole for the shaft but I don't really know. They are pure carbon fiber, no doubt on that. I used fine sandpaper on the trailing edge to balance them and the dust is charcoal black. They do not flex, period. Grabbed the P3A in flight to keep from bashing into my car and got my hand cut for the trouble.

I've been very happy with this group, not as may trolls lurking here as in other groups. I get tired of snarky, nasty remarks. I'm too old to put up with that nonsense. Either help or keep quiet, that's what I enjoy. And this group as been very helpful and patient. Thank you all!

When descending, if I pull the stick for altitude all the way down, will it kill the motors in mid flight? I pull the stick all the way down and then ease off just a bit so I won't find out the answer the hard way.
Hi sir. No, that won't kill the motors in flight.

FYI - that was noted on the list of tips I sent you on January 13th.

Reactions: JoBe
GPS is still engaged in F mode. That simply enables special flight functions such as POI and waypoint. You can fly 'manual' in Litchi and switching out of F will cancel any autonomous flight engaged by Litchi.
The only question many have is if Litchi responds the same as GO at mission end, particularly triggers of RTH. I don't have Litchi yet but I suspect most of the concerns are managed by the AC and not the app so response should be the same

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Still not many flights due to wind and weather here. I have 3 batteries and have used each only twice so, yeah, still quite the greenhorn.

I use an iPad Mini 2 and have DJI Go, Litchi and DJI GS Pro. I tried Litchi the other day for a preprogrammed mission and everything went well until landing. As Litchi requires "F" mode to operate, the bird started to drift with the wind as it came down and was dangerously close to landing on a busy highway. BIG downside to using that app for me. I gave it full forward and barely cleared the roadway as two heavy trucks roared past. Have not tried GS Pro yet, does it require "F" mode also? I might wind up using DJI Go exclusively as the "F" mode seems a bit too risky for me until I get better at flying.

It bought a set of carbon fiber HausBell prop and carefully checked their balance. The drone is much more responsive than with the flexible DJI props. I read how some have had prop failures in flight and have wondered what brand they were using. These were no cheaper that others but I don't know how HausBell props are made. I think they are one solid piece of carbon fiber with the hub formed around a hole for the shaft but I don't really know. They are pure carbon fiber, no doubt on that. I used fine sandpaper on the trailing edge to balance them and the dust is charcoal black. They do not flex, period. Grabbed the P3A in flight to keep from bashing into my car and got my hand cut for the trouble.

I've been very happy with this group, not as may trolls lurking here as in other groups. I get tired of snarky, nasty remarks. I'm too old to put up with that nonsense. Either help or keep quiet, that's what I enjoy. And this group as been very helpful and patient. Thank you all!
There is no reason for your bird to wander when landing with the switch in "F" position. Mine usually lands within a meter of the takeoff point. It's in the "A" position that it can drift. Holding the throttle full down will give you max descend, about 3 m/s until the flight computer senses that the bird has stopped descending for at least 3 seconds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik