Green trash in fvp and delay. Pls help

Reaction score
I did the latest update on my p4. Calibrated imu and compass.
Then flew it. After 2 min into the flight. I had some green trash on my fpv. All up till i landed. Also, im seeing a weak transmission signal on my status. I never flew very var. atleast only 50 ft away.

Whats going on?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1466079046.741224.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1466079056.474654.jpg

I also experienced this same phenomenon for a brief moment while flying, but then it went away!
Not sure if it had anything to do with the optimal transmission zone between controller and aircraft.
[ Phantom_4_User_Manual_en_v1.2_160328.pdf––Page 34]
I flew at that time somewhat unaware of this fact!

I have had this same issue out of the box using my P4 with my iPhone 6+. The green is temporary but at times the screen will freeze for several seconds. A little un-nerving as It has happened from my first flight through my 12'th flight. I am going to try a flight using a different usb/iPhone cable and see if that helps any. Also my range seems to be pretty poor. Maybe 1/4 mile at best. I am open to any other suggestions. It also happens with my Ipad Air, so it is not just my phone, but I used the same cable previously. I will post my findings after I use a different cable.

Reactions: DarkEmblem
I have read of several people reporting a similar issue in the last few days. I see a flicker randomly since getting my new P4 a few days ago.....with the latest updates and calibration. None of it show up in the video so it appears to be a RC problem.

You should not have to be forced to upgrade. I think this will get fixed. I changed my channel to custom today and lowered the video rate to 4. Got no video glitches and the pic quality was fine. Did not check range as I never fly very far.

Reactions: DarkEmblem
Atleast we are all having this kind of issue. Already emaled dji about it. Waiting for the reply. I hope its only a fw issue. I only updated the the fw coz it fixes the squeak from the gimbal during startup. Now im having this problem. I shouldve just stayed with the previous fw

Yeah had his issue with iPad mini.. Switched to mini 2 and it went away.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've never had the issue (knock on wood), but then again I've never updated the firmware on my aircraft.

Y e a, I am having the same issue too. One more thing I observed is when going to the channel selection screen in the DJI app, it seems that the channel strength is bouncing all over the place. I too placed an email to DJI support. Has anyone received a reply to this issue yet?

same here, went out today and flew 700' away at around 50' up and wala....saw the green screen but was able to turn around and regain the screen. Ipad Mini 4 128gb, 4g

I have had this same issue out of the box using my P4 with my iPhone 6+. The green is temporary but at times the screen will freeze for several seconds. A little un-nerving as It has happened from my first flight through my 12'th flight. I am going to try a flight using a different usb/iPhone cable and see if that helps any. Also my range seems to be pretty poor. Maybe 1/4 mile at best. I am open to any other suggestions. It also happens with my Ipad Air, so it is not just my phone, but I used the same cable previously. I will post my findings after I use a different cable.

Hmm had the same problem the first time I flew any sort of distance and read on this forum that moving back from 4K to 1080 30fps and lowering the bit rate to 4mbs. Tried that suggestion and have had no issues. Figured that my iPhone 6 (based on other comments in this forum) was also a culprit in all of this and bought an iPhone 6 Plus, used the supplied cable, reverted to the 4K settings and have had no issues at all. I'm not interested in any long distance or height records but I routinely fly at approximately 100 mtrs high and 500mtrs out and it is doing the job. Me thinks it is the iPhone 6 standard phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.