Green Screen

Reaction score
I've had my P4 for just over a month now. I'm controlling it with my iPhone while deciding which tablet to use. During the last few flights the screen has gone completely green, with intermittent broken, jagged images and interrupted signals. My questions are:
  • Is this an iPhone issue a P4 issue?
  • If it's a P4 issue, how do I correct it?
Many thanks!
gpb

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm using an iPhone 5S. Do you think it's processor speed? I really, really do not want to send the P4 back to DJI.

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm using an iPhone 5S. Do you think it's processor speed? I really, really do not want to send the P4 back to DJI.

I use an Iphone 6 + and had an Iphone 6 in the past. The former was ok but the latter is perfect. Can you borrow someone's later Iphone, or tablet (as per the approved list of devices for the P4) load the App and try it out before you send the P4 back?

Mine has been cutting out on Android. It never had in the past. It's pretty consistent. I'd say it pixelates and "fuzzes" out about every 30 seconds. It lasts for about 3 seconds and comes right back. Can't say it's the same issue.

My guess is that green-screen and pixilation is an issue with the phone/tablet processor or OS, and not the P4.
I use an iPad Pro (9.7 inch) that I bought back in April, and I have no issues with that.

Try to disable video log recording on idevice, will save some CPU effort. Also make sure there is no app eating resources with background services.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try to disable video log recording on idevice, will save some CPU effort. Also make sure there is no app eating resources with background services.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thank you! Disabling video log recording is definitely a research item, as I have no idea where to even start with that. As far as I know, DJI GO is the only app running while I'm flying. Is there a way to see if there are other apps running in the background?

Mine has been cutting out on Android. It never had in the past. It's pretty consistent. I'd say it pixelates and "fuzzes" out about every 30 seconds. It lasts for about 3 seconds and comes right back. Can't say it's the same issue.
It sounds like a very similar issue.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav