Green screen...laggy video when flying

Reaction score
When flying my phantom 4 the screen goes black, green, sometimes lines, and video is very laggy. The video captured on the sad card seems fine. Firmware on drone and remote both updated. Using iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6 have same results. Any thoughts on what is causing it or what I can do to fix it. It’s almost impossible to fly like this.

I was having the same problems. I was using a ipad mini 2 also.
I just got a ipad mini 4 so far so good no more green lines I do hope
it keeps working this way.

If you are sure the device cables are not creating any issues, try going into the app in camera view (everything powered up and connected) and tap HD settings. You should be able to select Custom and select an inteference free channel. Whilst you are there, wind down your transmission rate to 4mbps. Older devices are struggling to run the latest app updates and FW so you need to reduce the workload on your device. I had to clear a lot of space on my iPhone 6+, clear and disable video cache and adjust my settings to get it to run properly again.

When I got my P4 a little over a year ago, I was using an iPad Air as my device. It worked perfectly. No issues at all.

I upgraded to an iPad Pro 9.7 and tucked the Air away to use as a secondary tablet around the house.

When iOS 11 came out, my Pro 9.7 still worked fine as a flying device. But, it crippled the Air. Now when I try to fly with the iPad Air I can't go much over 500 yards without extreme freezing, green lines and breakups.

I'm thinking more and more that this might have something to do with Apple's slowing down of older hardware. They only admit to slowing down older phones, but my iPad Air sure took a big performance hit when iOS 11 was released.

Never thought about the iOS causing it. I flew this morning and still got the choppy video so might need to get a better device for flying or hope DJI and Apple can fix it in iOS 11 update.

I get the same thing, but the green screen also does it when I download the sim card and play it back on the computer. So how does the done record, straight to the card or to my iphone then back to the drone and then the card.

Hey I had the same problem two days ago. I found that in some cases it’s some error of update procedure
To fix it
I connect only controller to the iPhone 5s and I kept pressing 3 bars on GO app for about 10s, then the screen with update came out where you can refresh the firmware or go back to previous. I did refresh my controller firmware and after looks like the green and black gone.
Don’t connect your aircraft because it won’t update.
You can do the same with your aircraft by connecting usb cable to your phone and do the same thing with 3 bars on the main screen of GO App (where you choosing model of your DJI drone)
I would like to mention that with my iPhone 8+ no problems at all.
It worked for me
I’m sorry for my English and I hope I could help a bit.

I get the same thing, but the green screen also does it when I download the sim card and play it back on the computer. So how does the done record, straight to the card or to my iphone then back to the drone and then the card.

It records straight to the aircraft sd card.
If you have “Cache During Video Shooting” ON. it will also record to your phone but lower quality and here you will have the same green lines as you saw while flying.

If you have green lines on your screen while flying but clear video when watching on your laptop - that’s update error probably and refresh firmware may help.

Reactions: Apis Wahid
When flying my phantom 4 the screen goes black, green, sometimes lines, and video is very laggy. The video captured on the sad card seems fine. Firmware on drone and remote both updated. Using iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6 have same results. Any thoughts on what is causing it or what I can do to fix it. It’s almost impossible to fly like this.

Also check if your phone CPU is not full. Because you are using iPad and iPhone you will have the same iCloud storage and it can be full
As I mentioned before on my iPhone8+ nothing wrong when on iPhone5s start showing green lines
I can be completely wrong with iCloud but after I done firmware refresh on the controller and aircraft separately and make much more space in iCloud I don’t have this problem on iPhone5 anymore.

I'll get the green lines when I play it back on my computer. The drone and controller is up to date on all the firmware.

I'll get the green lines when I play it back on my computer. The drone and controller is up to date on all the firmware.
Try what Ken did. If not then you may like to go back to previous aircraft firmware from Jul 2017 and then check if is any different

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20