Green lights slow blinking?

Reaction score
Hello all - I had something sort of weird happen today, and despite googling I am unable to find out what this means.

I went for a flight this morning, using a P2-H33D-Gopro3+, ImmersionRC vtx, iOSD Mini. Everything started off normal. As soon as I hit 40 meters altitude, the green lights on my Phantom started to slowly blink, and the H icon on the iOSD mini also started to blink. However, my home diamond looked normal, so I flew a flight. It was uneventful, I flew 500 meters in one direction, then 500 in the other, and then returned. No issues. I had about 8 or so satellites the entire flight, which is normal for me, I'm adding that shielding mod tomorrow.

So... What do steady reds \ slow blinking greens mean?

Thanks!

Look this over and see if it helps. It's hard for you to explain in text how rapid the lights are flashing. Please link to a video if possible.

Attachments

• phantom_led.gif
    phantom_led.gif
    72.5 KB · Views: 7,789
Thank you for the chart.

This is neither me nor my phantom, but it looks exactly like this:

http://youtu.be/mfosesgETjU?t=2m23s

Normally the rear arm lights are solid green for the entire flight. I did another flight today, and again, slow blinking green like in the video. Flight was totally normal otherwise.

From what I saw, the video shows that the P2 motors were on (front LEDs solid Red) and it was in GPS mode with >6 GPS SVs locked (rear LEDs slow Green flashes).

Exactly what you'd expect to see during 'normal' operation.

The only indicated condition for solid green LEDs on that chart is to commence the 2nd half of the Compass compensation.

.... I think I am doing it wrong. I do the horizontal calibration, but I don't do the vertical. I should be making 2 circles, then?

This is an increasingly stupid question, I am now realizing. I have calibrated my compass before each and every flight by flicking S1 until yellow, doing one (horizontal) circle and confirming the yellow turns green. I always knew there was that vertical turn, but I thought once it was solid green, it was good.

Thank you so much. I have learned an enormous amount from this forum.

Ouze said:
Hello all - I had something sort of weird happen today, and despite googling I am unable to find out what this means.

I went for a flight this morning, using a P2-H33D-Gopro3+, ImmersionRC vtx, iOSD Mini. Everything started off normal. As soon as I hit 40 meters altitude, the green lights on my Phantom started to slowly blink, and the H icon on the iOSD mini also started to blink. However, my home diamond looked normal, so I flew a flight. It was uneventful, I flew 500 meters in one direction, then 500 in the other, and then returned. No issues. I had about 8 or so satellites the entire flight, which is normal for me, I'm adding that shielding mod tomorrow.

So... What do steady reds \ slow blinking greens mean?

Thanks!

Steady red shows the front of the quad, green slow blinking at the tail is what you expect when everything is in order. If you didn't have this before, then the quad was not either in GPS mode with enough sats, or in ATTI, or simply not fit to fly at that time. You should read your manual... :)

The video you linked to shows a good GPS signal. If you see lights like that, you should be jumping for joy :)

Ouze said:
.... I think I am doing it wrong. I do the horizontal calibration, but I don't do the vertical. I should be making 2 circles, then?

This is an increasingly stupid question, I am now realizing. I have calibrated my compass before each and every flight by flicking S1 until yellow, doing one (horizontal) circle and confirming the yellow turns green. I always knew there was that vertical turn, but I thought once it was solid green, it was good.

Thank you so much. I have learned an enormous amount from this forum.

Yep, you are only doing half the calibration. I'm surprised it even lets you fly with the solid green.
When it turns green after doing the horizontal bit, then tip it nose down and turn it 360 again. When this bit is complete it will just revert back to slow flashing green (and red possibly depending how many sats are locked).

The H flashing on the iosd display may be the height warning being triggered in the iosd mini. In the iosd software you can set it to alert you when passing a set height and distance. I cant remember what it is set to as default. It just alerts you by flashing the H or D.

I expect you took off after completing half the compass calibration and then turned enough in the air to finish the second part. You are lucky nothing terrible happened tbh. Make sure to do it properly before you fly next.

Good flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj