Green lights flash in flight

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a stupid question but aren't all 4 LED's supposed to be solid during flight? When I fly the red LED's are solid red but the green LED's flash green. What does that mean? (Yes, I've searched but couldn't find the answer.)

I am calibrating before flight and getting a GPS lock. Everything seems normal including in-flight controls. Is something wrong?

This is in Phantom mode not NAZA.

TIA

gecarey said:
You have not searched the manual apparently...... Flashing green is normal.....

+4 ... that's one of the first things you need to learn... the flashing lights and their meaning ... it's on the card on your controller too :p

+5

I get it...

The manual actually doesn't specify a difference between in-flight indicators and pre-flight indicators. Perhaps it should be obvious they're the same but it isn't necessarily obvious when you're a complete noob.

For some reason I thought the lights were supposed to be solid green when in flight. I think the one time I saw a Phantom fly IRL they were solid green. Then the very first video I looked up for reference had solid green lights in flight (go to :17). So I got the idea something was wrong when my green lights were flashing. In any case, I appreciate so many people responding to my question and being gentle with their ribbing. Hopefully I'll get this much response to my future questions! :D

Good to hear you are taking the ribbing well..... It was not meant any other way.... Welcome to the board..... There are so many newbies that pop up and start with simple questions.... And the usual response is.. read the manual.....
You will find great resources here and tons of ramblings, always interesting reading.....

I really do try to search for answers on my own before asking questions. I'm curious why the Phantom in the video has a solid green light in flight? As I said, I'm pretty sure this was also the case the one time I saw a Phantom fly in person.

uscpsycho said:
I really do try to search for answers on my own before asking questions. I'm curious why the Phantom in the video has a solid green light in flight? As I said, I'm pretty sure this was also the case the one time I saw a Phantom fly in person.

It's ok, we forgive you :D

uscpsycho said:

I could be wrong but I think the Phantom v1 had solid lights as there was also a light on the body that indicated status. The Phantom v2's have the status indicator light incorporated in the arm lights.

"I could be wrong but I think the Phantom v1 had solid lights as there was also a light on the body that indicated status. The Phantom v2's have the status indicator light incorporated in the arm lights."

Yeah. What he said...

Hoot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues