Green Flight Line

Reaction score
Good Day All... Today I was flying and the Green Flight Line (on the map view) which shows where your drone has been started turning colors. At about 13,000 feet it turned yellow and at about 16,000 feet it turned red. That line used to stay Green all the time. We've had some colder weather and lots of rain so I haven't flown recently. This color changing... is that from a firmware update? Not sure exactly what that means. Is it just another indication of a weakening control signal, or is it an indication of some sort of malfunction ?? I had no clue, and since it was a little windy, I turned and headed for home. As I got closer to home the line went back to yellow and then green leading me to believe it's merely a duplicate indication of a weakening signal. Thanks all.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
16,000 AGL or MSL? If that's AGL you're most likely flying in class A airspace, and run the risk of being hit by commercial air traffic. It's probably a good idea to not fly that high.

16,000 AGL or MSL? If that's AGL you're most likely flying in class A airspace, and run the risk of being hit by commercial air traffic. It's probably a good idea to not fly that high.
It would take 16 minutes to get 16000 up and 27 mins to come back down.
The winds up there would probably mean the Phantom wouldn't come back and that's not even considering the effect of very low temperatures on the battery.
He's obviously talking about distance, not height.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I'm sorry... My BAD.. Like Really Bad... I always fly at or below 400 feet... The 16,000 feet was distance !!! I was not clear in my description... Sorry.. So back to the question... does anyone know if the flight line changing colors is merely a signal growing weaker or some kind of other more serious issue ??

It would take 16 minutes to get 16000 up and 27 mins to come back down.
The winds up there would probably mean the Phantom wouldn't come back and that's not even considering the effect of very low temperatures on the battery.
He's obviously talking about distance, not height.
From my home point I am about 1/4 mile outside the 5 mile circle around Philly Airport. I am near one of the landing approaches. That said the planes are anywhere from 1800 ft to 2400 ft altitude. I got that info from altitudeangle.com.
Sorry I quoted the wrong person... meant for griter34

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.