Great news for Oregon RC'ers!

pwright said:
That's good news for all RC'ers. Will help discourage other bad laws from being passed.

Don't count on it. As increasingly more multicopters are flying so too will the publics awareness of their inherent danger, especially should any serious injuries occur to some poor child. We had better start self policing and using our heads so we don't have our hobby legislated out of existence.

Please don't fly over or near people!

Brucer said:
...awareness of their inherent danger, especially should any serious injuries occur to some poor child.
What danger?

You mean like the injuries children receive riding their bicycles? Or the deaths to children while in swimming pools?

I don't think our hobby is any more dangerous than most other recreational activities and law makers need to be aware of that fact.

The Hobby may be powerful, but the Lobby is not powerful. That 1 letter difference will be exponential to the difference it makes when laws are passed. The hobby is too small and not important enough to influence politicians. Since when common sense is common amongst law makers?

Issue is that while most people on this forum are caring and educated, you will still have idiots flying high, near airports, above people, above freeways, etc. and an accident will happen. When it happens, only one side of the story will be told. Unless I'm into the hobby, I can't expect the average person to have compassion and side with us.

Just like everything else, there should be a minimum of training or education and industry self regulation.
When I bought my Phantom, I never got a warning that the FAA did not like it. Never knew, that I could not fly over 400ft, etc. of course, I use common sense and assume that flying too high is probably not a good idea when police/news helicopter could be hovering at any time. How easy would it be for any UAV maker to put a big warning about laws and safety when opening the box. While this may not stop the average idiot, it would at least show lawmakers that the industry is willing to police itself, before the government does.

Food for thoughts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues