Great footage of Hong Kong

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a miraculous recovery from a crash into the largest Buddha on the planet, my phantom and I got some really good footage of Hong Kong and surroundings. I'd like to get your feedback on the below videos.

This is the short version.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xLJu4H3td9Y

I also produced a more comprehensive video here with different shots and music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bH9k_CUi7xE

Let me know what you think. Cheers

Nice! Hollywood style holiday movies :)

Great footage. What do you use to edit? If you use premiere pro CC, you might want to check the filters to see how the Phantom 2 Vision flatten filter works out for you. This does a really good job of getting rid of the fish eye look. Some scenes it works for, but others look much better without the artificial curvature.

Great video!!

Did you have any issues with flying near the skyscrapers (signal interference) or around Victoria Harbour - human interference?

Thanks for the tip. I actually use Final Cut Pro X. Are you aware of any anti fisheye filters that are embedded in the software or do we need to purchase additional filters from third parties.

Laserblues2 said:
Great video!!

Did you have any issues with flying near the skyscrapers (signal interference) or around Victoria Harbour - human interference?

Hi there, yes there was a lot of interference and the connection broke off several times leading to a RTH. Didn't get all the footage I wanted. In terms of altitude, I was able to reach IFC height once but unable to pan because signal cut off and only resumed about 100 feet from the ground. I was taking off from Pier 9 which has a large open space and is perfect for that purpose. I will need to try again from another location and see what happens. I assume you live in HK?

Hello, yes I live here in HK in Discovery Bay and you? If you're based in HK, lets meet up? I was thinking we could start one of those meet up groups and go out flying together or just go to a bar and have a chat?

I quite like the idea of going to some of the roof terraces in HK and flying from those, I figured we may not have the same signal interferences up there but may be completely wrong.

Flying from the Peak could be good too...

Nick

Laserblues2 said:
Hello, yes I live here in HK in Discovery Bay and you? If you're based in HK, lets meet up? I was thinking we could start one of those meet up groups and go out flying together or just go to a bar and have a chat?

I quite like the idea of going to some of the roof terraces in HK and flying from those, I figured we may not have the same signal interferences up there but may be completely wrong.

Flying from the Peak could be good too...

Nick

Hi Nick, I'm in dBay as well, on Caperidge Drive. Would be happy to catch up over a drink. Send me a note [email protected]

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31