Great deal on my Phantom Vision.....but

Reaction score
For the past month I have been watching eBay for a decent deal on a used vision, upgrading from my FC40. All seem to be going to around 600.00. Last week decided to check the newly list ones and someone was selling one for 249.00 buy it now. He was having problems binding the aircraft to the extender and was not getting any telemetry readings. So I took a chance and bought it. After receiving it first thing was to check the flying part, flew great. Now to try binding the vision. Took most all night but finally got it gone. Had to use an android tablet as my iPad and iPhone would not take the picture of the QR. now I get all the telemetry and info, BUT I can not get live feed video. It records and takes photos but no live feed. I updated the firmware on the phantom, controller and camera. Does anyone know what would cause the live feed to be inoperable? Forgive me if this is in another thread . Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Prop !!
With the Battery OUT unplug the camera and put it back in till you hear it Click if you haven't tried that yet .

Yep, many times. That was the first thing I tried. Been looking around and it seems to be a problem for many. Can't tell if it's a software or a hardware problem. Flies great and take great video, just wish I could view it. Still a great deal at 249.00

OK ..I always start with the simple stuff when trying to find the issue so sorry for the simple questions . Have you uninstalled the app and reinstalled it .
And what are you using the IOS or the other .

I have not reinstalled app. Will try that. Using both platforms, iOS and android.
Have had the issue you are talking about several times and that fixed mine. Have had to do it more than once several times also .
Had the black screen one day and never did get it and went and powered off my bird and reached in my pocket to get the white lens cap and it was gone ! Looked around a few minutes and found it ! Still on the camera :D

Well tried that still no go. Is there an internal wifi card either in the camera or phantom that sends the video ?

Well tried that still no go. Is there an internal wifi card either in the camera or phantom that sends the video ?
It's in the camera . I still think it's software . Just not sure where . I would keep messing with the app and maybe try cleaning the plug .
I would do all I could before getting a new camera .

Alright, finally home from work. Here's a recap of my problem and what I've tried. After binding my P2V, I get all the telemetry ( speed, height, distance, battery, satellite count, wifi strength. I can take video and pictures. But I can't get live video feed. I have updated everything including the camera. Installed an reinstalled the app several times. Replaced the video cable from camera to P2V. Called DJI for the MAC address to enter manually was told it was on the extender but when trying that I got nothing. When scanning the QR code I get everything BUT the video feed. Has anyone seen this issue before and can point me in the right direction? Thanks

reformat SD card I read from somewhere.

then I read this - something else to try:
1- Delete your Vision App, download it again and put your username/password
2- Close the App and all apps open in your device
3- Put your phone in Airplane Mode (Don't know if is necessary)
4- Open the Vision App
5- Turn on your Phantom
6- Turn on your WiFi Extender
7- Turn on Your Remote
8- Wait some seconds and connect to the Vision+ WiFi network
9- Get back to the app and you should get your live view back

something else I read said check the grey ribbon cable from pcb board to camera.

Open the DJI app and click on "settings", then click on "preview quality" and set it to "320x240x15fps". That should do it.

then theres this:

Ribbon... lens.jpg If he can take video's and pictures It wouldn't seem to be that ..in my mind I still think it's software issue .
I have had the very same problem as I said before and did all the stuff saylor just should ya .It might not work the first time and have
sat up half the nite trying different combinations of this and then would just get it back . Is very frustration I know and really can't say
how I got it back but did.
If ya getting all the other stuff then you are binded .
Most of the guys that are really up on this have moved on the + or the P3 and don't look here no more and I do hope ya get it figured out
Prop but that's all I got :(

Thanks for all the advice. Will start trying everything in different order. Just one thing, the three wire ribbon that hooks to the camera, is that just for the gimbal control ?

Thanks for all the advice. Will start trying everything in different order. Just one thing, the three wire ribbon that hooks to the camera, is that just for the gimbal control ?
Is all it can be as it not hooked to the camera in any way . I have went as far as doing this Prop 200.jpg trying to fix stuff
and am lost in that :eek:

Yeah, I just recorded video and played it back through the camera to my tablet. Just no live video. Calling DJI back tomorrow for answers or more aggravation. Ha !

Yeah, I just recorded video and played it back through the camera to my tablet. Just no live video. Calling DJI back tomorrow for answers or more aggravation. Ha !
:D Man me sorry cause I know how ya feel ! Is really hard for me to put my finger on your problem without being able to just have it
in front of me. Not saying ya not able and I could fix it just that I feel ya pain !! I have to just give up sometimes and walk away for a while !!! It's like these things have spirts in em :eek:
Good luck and do tell us when you find the fix !

Will do, I was able to get telemetry on all my devices (iPhone 5s, iPad mini, Samsung note 8, iPod 5th gen and iPad Air) so I'm hoping it's something simple. Again thanks

Reactions: dirkclod
Mmmmm, been reading post about best tablets to use with DJI Vision app and may have found my video issue. My tablets don't have the possessor speed to stream the live video.

Hey Propking,

I just replied to your other thread on tablet advice. I have to agree with @dirkclod , it seems to be a software issue. If your WIFI was damaged you would not get telemetry. I have lost video for a few days in row, as well as intermittent. Uninstalling the app over and over again was the way I fixed it. But be adivsed, it is frustrating.

As far as the QR code, try using QR Droid. It is free in the app store. Also, be careful if you are using the frontal camera. Some frontal cameras have a mirror effect so that the image is reversed for chatting, and that can be changed in settings. And finally, some autofocus settings are incompatible with a QR scanner. Make sure you try all distances between device and code.

Hope you can get this fixed, I am not sure if you need a new tablet to find out it didn't help. Or make sure you can return it within so many days to the store. Like Wally World or so.

Keep us updated.

Reactions: dirkclod
@Intruder101 Look at his first post ;)
Thanks, I did. I was just thinking if he needed to uninstall and reinstall, it may be easier to have a working QR reader. Still think it's a glitch in the app, like you mentioned, too.

I think that is what you meant? :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20