GREAT day flying today!!! New Tablet much better....

Reaction score
Last week after flying I dropped my Acer tablet and broke the screen. After reading so many threads on here I went ahead and ordered a refurb Insignia Elite tab off ebay. Received it Thursday and just my luck, it was defective. Turned on once, looked amazing, great bright screen, then never turned on again. Seller seems good and will exchange, but I wanted to fly this weekend so I went and bought a 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Huge improvement over the Acer...brighter, slightly different aspect ratio than the Acer that fits my hoodman better. All in all much better. $169 at Walmart which I thought was reasonable.
Also, thanks to some advice from here I really tightened the screw down on the mount arm and it was rock solid even with the hoodman.
Phantom worked perfectly, running up to date firmware and no problems at all. As usual the only 'problem' is never enough batteries...even with 3 now its not nearly enough.
Flew exclusively over water and craft was flawless. Couldn't be happier!

(Actually, there is one very small problem...I sometimes get the warning firmware upgrade required even though I am up to date all around. Will have to research that one.)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1