gray foam GPS sheilding tape. Any one know were to buy?

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one knows if dji sells replacements for the gray copper lined sheliding tape thats used to cover the gps unit and also inside visions range extenders? or if not does any one know a source for the same material so I can cut my own?

I know I can use copper foil tape but I like that the foam take with the copper center is not conductive on the out side and cant short any thing out plus gives a tiny bit of cushion between the naza and the gps.

I emailed DJI and asked if I could purchase the shield from the Phantom 2 Vision+ version 3. They told me it's not for sale.

If you decide to do the foil shield mod, you can find detailed steps here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31054

A lot of people do not cover the copper foil. And, nobody has ever posted here mentioning a short. So, it's probably an unnecessary step.

ya I was planing on just doing the foil thing if I cant get the gray stuff. Tho one any of the foil mods I have done I still prefer to use a layer of tape over the copper just so it cant even accidentally touch any thing on the compass boards bare contacts points. cause I do know there are two wires that carry 5v dc voltage on the 4 wire cable that runs up from the main board to the puck and out threw 2 of the wires on the compass cable. So i dont want it to ever have bare copper even fall off and short any thing on the main board. or the dc on the compass cause it will fry the gps and I have never been able to get a fried one to work again.

But The main reason I did sort of want to find the original stuff is for the one I'm building and wanted it to be as close to original as possible. I even had a spare pcs of that foam but last week I decided to slap it over the existing layer of it on my p2v that had some tears in it. and 2 layers of the foam tape seem to work even better then 1. But no better then the foil mod does.

I did come close to finding the raw foam martial. Tho it was pricey and I would have to buy way more then I need. It turns out its some sort of EMI shield gasket martial. instead of just for using as normal shielding tape.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31