Gray and black wires

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic or video on replacing the black and gray wires on the gimbal on a phantom 3 standard! Where do the other ends go? Do you have to remove the shell? Thanks

The video below shows how to remove those wires from the gimbal. You'll need to open the Phantom shell to remove the other ends from the center board.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Mofus
Here are the connectors you're trying to repair:

P3S-Antenna-Connectors.png

The other end of the antenna can be seen if you look inside of the battery compartment:

P3S-Antenna.png

Note: The antenna on the left side of the battery compartment is mostly covered. You'll only see the edge of it if you look closely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mofus
Thanks for your help. I'm losing the video when I get about 100 ft away. Would replacing these wires help? And what are they called when ordering them?

The antenna is part 97. You can buy that part here on eBay.

Are they damaged? If so, then you should replace them.

Great! Yes, when I crashed it the wires pulled out from the gimbal and damaged them. Can't get them back in connectors.

One more thing please. When viewing the link on eBay of the part, they are attached to 2 white boxes that don't show in the picture you sent me of the inside of the drone. What are they and where do they go? Sorry, new to all of this.

I just watched a video of someone disassembling a Phantom 3 Standard and it looked like you have to totally take it apart and remove everything to get to those 2 square boxes on the end of the wires! Is this true?? Omg!!!

Reactions: driz
Dang! Is there a way to repair the damaged ends of the wires and get new connectors then put them back on the gimbal??

@Blue Bird repairs Phantoms and he said it's nearly impossible to repair it.

First of all I'm not doubting Blue Bird's repair skills but at the factory someone had to prepare the initial wire to be attached to the gimbal with the small connectors crimped on and snapped into place. Just wondering why it can't be done again. Confused

I looped him in above. Perhaps he'll stop in and comment.

The pic that Msinger shows are not the gimbal black and grey connection points. Those wires are for the controller transmitter and receiver antennas. In which you should not have to replace unless the landing gear were damaged as well. As for trying to repair the existing broken gimbal transmitter and receiver cables, nothing is impossible. However, the connection points are so small and difficult to re solder.
If you can find the connectors, why not? Give it a try. I simply know that it is easier to just replace the antennas complete and have the guarantee that you will not have any issues with transmission to the camera and gimbal. Simply removing the screws from the main controller board and slightly moving it to the side will make replacing the antennas a bit easier and less time then it would to repair the connections. I hope this helps. Good luck,, BB..

Ok. Thank you Blue Bird. I was worried about how long it would take a qualified technician to replace the antennas. Didn't want to spend lots of money because I know they charge by the hour. If it's not a long fix then I'll go with replacing them. Appreciate the advise.

Gnron, I updated my photo above to show the correct location for the other end of the antennas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers