Gps tracker

Reaction score
b944dd65a66d850b1eaa113bf73a6ef1.jpg

What do you think about this for $30 from Banggood??

Smart Mini GPS Tracker Anti Lost Anti Theft Vibration Alarm Phone Alert for Bike Electric Power Bike Motntain and Road Bike

https://banggood.app.link/VS7kP9sX8w

Seems like a good price?? Obviously not as good as Marco Polo or flytrex??

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Dicpx68
It seems that it's magnetically fixed, that'll mess up your compass, I'm sure you could disassemble it to remove the magnet. I also see it's a preorder, so it may be a start-up, with all the perils that entails (e.g. Lily drone, people are still waiting for an obsolete UAV....)
If you get one, let me know how you get on..
Cheers,
Alex

Hi together,

if you buy a tracker on *bay / Amazon or banggood be aware of what you buy.
Try to review the product images and look for a sticker with SN / IMEI. If the tracker SN / IMEI contains 8707 forget that tracker, it is cheap (<30 USD) but trash.
If the IMEI contains 2704 you are on the right way.
With IMEIs starting with 3597100***, 4597100*** and 8686***** you wont have problems.
The RF-V16 is actually (in my opinion) the best tracker, lightweight (27gr) at a very low price (no, i dont sell that but i work with trackers every day) ;-)

Best regards from germany
Boris

Reactions: natedecker585
Last edited:
Most GPS trackers use cellular service to broadcast their location, including this one. Keep in mind that many of these low cost trackers use 2G cell service (like this one), that is being shut down in many locations. And during that shutdown service will be getting thin in areas.

What do you think about this for $30 from Banggood??

Smart Mini GPS Tracker Anti Lost Anti Theft Vibration Alarm Phone Alert for Bike Electric Power Bike Motntain and Road Bike

https://banggood.app.link/VS7kP9sX8w

Seems like a good price?? Obviously not as good as Marco Polo or flytrex??

10 Best Smallest GPS Tracker - Buying Guide 2020
Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

$ 30 is indeed very cheap, but it seems that not many people have experience in using it. I even believe that there are many people in the market using things. If I were to choose a tracker for the drone, I would choose between Spytec and AMERICALOC.

The problem with many trackers is they have an ongoing monthly service fee that you need to consider when you buy. Total waste of money during times you don't fly much. I like my Marco Polo pet tracker because it uses a 2-mile radio signal with a hand-held device that points you toward your downed drone, not GPS. So there is no monthly service fee when I am not flying. Chances are, if my drone goes down, it won't be more than 2-miles out -- especially flying VLOS. Here it is mounted on my old P2V+.

tracker1a.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj