GPS tracker

Reaction score
Hey,
does anyone attach a GPS tracker to their phantom?
Something like Trackimo?
If you are flying it somewhere and it decides to go on an unexpected downfall, out of your line of sight, and then you can find it easily?
….
and as I'm typing this, I'm wondering, can you do that with the DJI app?

I use a Trackimo. It's easy to setup and works well as long as you have good cell coverage where you're located.

Always fly w/ tracker the only 2 outa 10 birds of mine that went down i didnt recover because those two didnt have tracker

Can you (someone) attach a picture on how you attached your Trackimo to the drone? Please?
Does it affect flying?
Is there other good trackers other than Trackimo?

You can attach it to the landing gear with a plastic zip tie. Or, buy a 3D printed mount -- like this one:

s-l1600.jpg

I was considering something like the Marco Polo but at $200 I have to ask, how likely is it that you'll have a flyaway that goes so far that you lose signal with the DJI Go app? Aren't most downed AC the result of hitting a tree limb or losing a prop? I would think in 90% or more of cases, DJI Go is going to show you exactly where the AC is and you can just walk right up to it. Even if it is out of range, you may be able to reestablish contact by moving in the direction of the flyaway with the Go app open. For me, I look at these "insurance" type things statistically. If there's a 10% chance that on any given failure I may need a tracker, that's worth about 10% of $700. So I'd pay about $70 for a locator/tracker.

Mike

Had same issue when i first got my RFvi6....you have to send two txt commands 1st..apn,apndata# and the second is your provider actual apn no you might have to google it, then send txt apn,xxxxxxxxx# and you should be good to go.

They are not very good anyway. They are weak at getting a signal, and if you quad crashes and lands with the tracker GPS antenna facing the ground,it won't connect to satellites. The P3 has GPS built into it, the Go App should tell you it's last known location if you crash.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

The P3 has GPS built into it, the Go App should tell you it's last known location if you crash.
True. But, you won't be able to see the Phantom's current location if it disconnects from the remote controller before it crashes/lands. That's where an external tracker comes in handy.

Has anyone that has one actually used it to find a crashed quadcopter. My experience with these trackers are that they are way off,way off. I have tried a couple. I put one one out in my front yard,and the location it sent back to me was always about two blocks away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

I could never get my rfv16 to work with h2o or att sim card I texted it the commands stated and 100s more nothing. I can't even get it to answer a call. I give up and bought a trackimo . I don't think I'll have any issues with trackimo. IMO rfv16 is Chinese puzzle or maybe I need a different sim card but I'm done.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj