Gps tracker

"I just clipped a tree....."
Dang it Dirk, another tree jumped in front of your quad? Maybe it is the soil down there. Too soft to hold the trees in one place. :cool:
Good to read it was not enough to send it to the quad hospital.

Happyflyer said:
"I just clipped a tree....."
Dang it Dirk, another tree jumped in front of your quad? Maybe it is the soil down there. Too soft to hold the trees in one place. :cool:
Good to read it was not enough to send it to the quad hospital.
Naaa just a little cleaning and a new set of props then in assistant and was back up in 30 minutes :D DOO always have your Tracker zipped tied on though ! Look at mine and it was Velcroed on the bottom .

Attachments

• damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 285
Dirkclod. .those trees sure like to jump out in front of phantoms. .
get some industrial strength velcro and super glue it to the velcro. .
mine busted into pieces and the battery and cover came apart. .
not sure a zip tie would have helped. .I tested the strength of the velcro by hanging my phantom from the tracker. .didn't budge...

dirkclod said:
DOO always have your Tracker zipped tied on though ! Look at mine and it was Velcroed on the bottom .
Yes, best to have them on with something secure. Mine is so light, 27g, You really have to pull on it to pop the velcro. When RPG forced me to move it to the bottom of a leg, I zip tied it on. Not going anywhere but with the quad after this blasted winter ends.

Here is what I got based on the thread linked earlier.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAR ... UTF8&psc=1

Seems simple enough. Im sure I will have questions. I figure on just using velcro to attach it . It is very small and very light do you think I will need to do any calibration to balance?

When you add it you will need to recalibrate the compass or anytime you change locations of it do that . I did have mine Velroed under the battery and it did work fine there but I would add a safety string or whatever as I have crashed and even with the industrial strength Velcro it popped off .

Happyflyer said:
dirkclod said:
DOO always have your Tracker zipped tied on though ! Look at mine and it was Velcroed on the bottom .
Yes, best to have them on with something secure. Mine is so light, 27g, You really have to pull on it to pop the velcro. When RPG forced me to move it to the bottom of a leg, I zip tied it on. Not going anywhere but with the quad after this blasted winter ends.
Hey happyflyer. .when you set your rf-v16 up did you put a 1 in front of your area code for sos1?

turbodronepilot said:
.....Hey happyflyer. .when you set your rf-v16 up did you put a 1 in front of your area code for sos1?
Well, to be 100% honest, I realy don't remember. I can say that being in the USA I have not used the "1" in front of an area code in a long, long time. So for my best guess, I would say no.

Ok..I'm going to start it up as soon as it charges ... I'll try it without a 1 before the area code. .

Are you able to remove your nano sim card from the tracker??

dirkclod said:
When you add it you will need to recalibrate the compass or anytime you change locations of it do that . I did have mine Velroed under the battery and it did work fine there but I would add a safety string or whatever as I have crashed and even with the industrial strength Velcro it popped off .
The compass on the Phantom or the one on the tracker? Where is the best place to get a Sim card that will work in this thing Vorizon? I have cell service through them.

My servise is with AT&T so that's who I used so I would just go with yours if ya can and they not to high .
[ The compass on the Phantom or the one on the tracker? ] Not sure what you are asking me there ?

turbodronepilot said:
Ok..I'm going to start it up as soon as it charges ... I'll try it without a 1 before the area code. .

Are you able to remove your nano sim card from the tracker??
Yes, after opening the little cover a little push and the card releases and comes out.

ccase39 said:
The compass on the Phantom or the one on the tracker? Where is the best place to get a Sim card that will work in this thing Vorizon? I have cell service through them.
No compass on tracker so on the quad.

Happyflyer said:
ccase39 said:
No compass on tracker so on the quad.
Where do you get the nano sim?

dirkclod said:
I would suspect you would get it from whom you get your service with .
....Or Ebay and Amazon. I went with T-Mobile because it was the cheapest one I could find. At $3.00 a month for 30 minutes, not bad.

Atnt go phone or t mobile just depends which one has the best coverage in your area. .I live in the foothills and t mobil doesnt get coverage in my area..

I got a atnt go phone for my tk102 for 15 dollars at Walmart. .it takes a micro sim card where as the RF-V16 takes a nano sim..

Verizon is on a locked network so trackers won't work with their service. .

Mount your tracker to you landing gear caddy corner to the compass. .

Calabrate you compass on your phantom before your first flight just to make sure it was disturbed during installation. ..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik