GPS Tracker

I have one (the Rewire Security version). Perfect as a tracker and quite configurable but no way is it waterproof. There are no seals or anything so don't understand how they can advertise it as such.

wattsn said:
I have one (the Rewire Security version). Perfect as a tracker and quite configurable but no way is it waterproof. There are no seals or anything so don't understand how they can advertise it as such.
Thanks! Hope 7 ounces doesn't change much

I would just do a search on Amazon they been talked a lot about before on this forum. Sorry don't remember the names of them but a lot of them were under a ounce. 7 ounces I believe would definitely shorten flight time and the balance of quad.

By the way, the product dimensions in your Amazon listing are also way out. I think it should be centimetres not inches. It is quite small, about the size of a small box of matches.

wattsn said:
I've just weighed mine (identical but different logo). It weighs 58g with battery and SIM card. So just a fraction over 2 ounces. This is mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-f ... 3386f0910f

As you will see, identical apart from logo.

Would you recommend this? I'm in the market for a tracker... was tempted to get one that looks similar, but for around £18 - Chinese knock off, I assume.

Long story but did not pay for the Rewire one but have paid £15 for one of the similar looking ones from eBay but not arrived yet. So really unsure which are genuine Xexun ones or not. Tracker seems good enough though. Just ring the unit, call cuts after 2 rings, within a couple seconds text received with co-ordinates. Click on them and opens Google maps and shows position. Can't really ask for more and for £15-£18 pretty reasonable. UK ones seem to come with 2 x batteries as well.

Thanks for the info.

I just read the description a bit more carefully on a couple of them, they mention that they're magnetised - I'm guessing this could potentially have an impact on the compass?

No, that;'s not correct. They come with two different types of rear cover. One is magnetic for attaching to a metallic surface such as a car, the other is plain plastic. You simply choose which you wish to use. If you do a search for trackers used by RC pilots you will see that the TK102 is probably one of the most widely used and suggested.

wattsn said:

Thank you for your comment regarding our tracker. There is a waterproof pouch included. The tracker also works as a listening device and has an opening for microphone so it would be quiet pointless to add seals.

Brammo said:
wattsn said:
I've just weighed mine (identical but different logo). It weighs 58g with battery and SIM card. So just a fraction over 2 ounces. This is mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-f ... 3386f0910f

As you will see, identical apart from logo.

Would you recommend this? I'm in the market for a tracker... was tempted to get one that looks similar, but for around £18 - Chinese knock off, I assume.

They may look identical but the hardware inside and the software is quiet different. Being the biggest supplier of these trackers we can't get them manufactured at this price so there is some difference.

ok so i received the gps tracker today and waiting for the sim card to arrive, however the gps works so i took it out and put it on the fc40 and flew a little, not good, it looks like the gps interferes with the phantom gps and i started getting red flashing light, both home lock and sats all locked, but it came down in 4 mins with 44% battery remaining, so i think this gps tracker and the close proximity to the compass or the fc40 gps is interfering with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl