GPS Tracker with FPV Gear & Zenmuse Gimbal

Reaction score
I have read a load of topics about GPS trackers and I grabbed one of the TK102 clones. It works great (Apart from appalling battery life) but I have since added FPV gear and am struggling to find a place to stick the GPS tracker to my Phantom 2 as with the Gimbal, Transmitter and Mini IOSD I have no room left on the bottom.

I am looking for photos of how people have attached their GPS trackers to their Phantom 2 with FPV gear. (Most photos I have seen are of the Phantom 1) so was hoping for some inspiration!

I have also seen a cage type attachment for the Garmin GPS Unit (For US people with AT&T) so was not sure if there is such an animal for the TK102.

Also is there a smaller GPS tracker than the 102 that people are using and recommend? The dimensions of the TK102 is:-
64x46x17 (All in Millimetres)
Net weight: 50g

I hope someone has been able to work out how to attach this as can show me some photos.

I will add some photos when I get home to show the setup I have currently.

Thanks
Matt

I put mine next to the transmitter. iosd mini and can bus are inside the Phantom 2.
I use Dual Lock 3M to attach everything.

mon-phantom.jpg

Very nice job. I had mine done for me as I suck at soldering and he put them on the bottom, but having them inside would have been much better.

I guess I could attach it to the iOSD and mine is where your tracker is at the moment.

Just out of interest, what is the all up weight of your P2 with all of the kit on it?

The most common set up I've seen recently is using one of those lightweight dual battery bracket set ups (2 carbon fibre "wings that hold batteries) velcro vtx to one side GPS tracker to other. Or Shapeways offers a handful of combinations.

Just out of interest, what is the all up weight of your P2 with all of the kit on it?

1335 gr alltogether. Or 1340 gr when I have it like this: (notice the small plactic triangle to lower down a little bit my transmitter's antenna - for long distance flight). yes, a bit heavy, but I stll get 15 to 16 minutes of flight (landing with 15% battery left)

phantom-poids.jpg

thongbong said:
I have a Gps tracker from

pettracker.com
600mw Immersion vtx
and iOSD mini

this is how i set it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvi9KO7U ... e=youtu.be

That is a very impressive set up. I wish I was handy enough to do something like that, but if I tried I would probably blow it up!

Here are the pics of my setup:-
Bottom
GlT97wo.jpg

Bottom with Tracker
YjS9cO9.jpg

Front
LEQcleO.jpg

Side
x7Ypg6p.jpg

Back
mUvLBoC.jpg

Side
tox5XCM.jpg

I understand you cannot add it to the top of the Phantom as it interferes with the GPS so that really only leaves me the legs and the sides.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1