Reaction score
Hope I am not repeating an old thread/discussion for some of the old pro's here but I am pretty sure that a few rookies like myself might be having this question...

I bought a TK102 GPS tracker and a 3D printed mount for it on ebay from an Israel seller. After a few weeks thinking if I should install it or not I finally decided to do it last night. Honestly it looks firm and OK but I am extremely concern that the weight is not well distributed now and I could cause the copter to loose control due to this imbalance and crash. I installed this mount on one of the sides of my P3P which is not helping with the weight distribution. I hate this F*** paranoia but I'm a new drone user flying around 3 to 4 times a week and its taking some time to loosen my muscles and head. I know many P3P owners fly with GPS trackers all the time but would like to hear opinions before I take my P3P for its next flight.

Any opinions are more than welcome. Hopefully the P3P is strong enough to handle the extra grams... Is my concern valid or just Paranoia ?
gps-tracker-mount.jpg

I recently installed a TK109B GPS tracker on the leg of my Phantom.
Many people have done exactly what you are doing with no problems.

The Phantom showed no indication that it even knew the device is there.
Have flown it a dozen times since. It's not enough weight to throw the Phantom off.

I think you're overly concerned about this one.

I attached my Trackimo to the landing gear leg with a zip tie. All is fine balance-wise.

I recently installed a TK109B GPS tracker on the leg of my Phantom.
Many people have done exactly what you are doing with no problems.

The Phantom showed no indication that it even knew the device is there.
Have flown it a dozen times since. It's not enough weight to throw the Phantom off.

I think you're overly concerned about this one.

Before posting this thread I did some research on google and on this forum and could not find any information saying negative opinions. But still was concern. Has DJI ever make any comments regarding this topic or do they offer any parameters as so how much weight could the P3P carry without it becoming an issue in the balance of the copter ?

Before posting this thread I did some research on google and on this forum and could not find any information saying negative opinions. But still was concern. Has DJI ever make any comments regarding this topic or do they offer any parameters as so how much weight could the P3P carry without it becoming an issue in the balance of the copter ?

So finally I decided to go out and fly yesterday with the extra baggage that was worrying me. Honestly it flew perfectly and I could not see any difference in the flight behavior. This drone is performing very good and all my concerns so far are only coming from reading too much about bad experiences... Guess this is like buying a new car... You treat it like a baby for a few month and then you stop worrying about dirt and scratches... Or Xanax might do it Lol

I got so many **** things sticking out of my p2v+ that it flies like a cylinder block thats been rolled in the mud and thrown in a brushpile!!! It takes more than a plastic tracker on one side to throw these off. I found out a while back with these , that while the advise from our phantom community is priceless, the absolute best thing is to throw stuff on there and run your own real world test. After all thats a huge part of this hobby. So get out there start flyin, stop worrying.[emoji106]

I got so many **** things sticking out of my p2v+ that it flies like a cylinder block thats been rolled in the mud and thrown in a brushpile!!! It takes more than a plastic tracker on one side to throw these off. I found out a while back with these , that while the advise from our phantom community is priceless, the absolute best thing is to throw stuff on there and run your own real world test. After all thats a huge part of this hobby. So get out there start flyin, stop worrying.[emoji106]

I'm pretty sure I'll get to that point were I won't worry any more. But for now it's like I'm learning to drive for the first time in a Ferrari... On the other hand I've never had a toy that would keep me hookup for too long anyway... I have way too many hobbies and not enough time for them now so I don't think it would be different this time... Thanks for the tips to all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers