GPS Tracker and Misc. Questions

Am I doing things right on Phantom Pilots

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, so do not be afraid to call me out if I did something wrong. I am fairly new to my phantom 1, so I had a few questions. First, what is the best gps tracker to use? I'd like one where I wouldn't have to pay a monthly fee, or works with a cheaper plan. Also, it needs to have its own battery, so if the drone dies, I can still track it. Marco Polo does not appeal to me as it does not have a map interface. That leads me to my next question. What carrier should I use for the tracker? One of the big boys would be great because some of the places I fly do not get the best service. Now onto the drone questions. First, does fail safe mode kick in when it goes to low battery on my phantom? Second, is there an extended battery I can get for it that is reliable? Lastly, what exactly do the driver and assistant softwares do? Would it be necessary to have a laptop in the field with me that would help with the drone? Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited:
Welcome !
Check out the TK109B. Only $40 and H2Owireless is $40 per year for service.

Fail safe will kick on on the 2nd battery level.
Try MadDogRC for a 2700mAh battery.

You really need to install the driver and assistant software on a PC so that you can connect your Phantom and make adjustments to the settings inside the phantom.

I would not advise flying the Phantom until you do this and check set the parameters and check the mod values.

Fly responsibly!

Thanks for the advi
Welcome !

You really need to install the driver and assistant software on a PC so that you can connect your Phantom and make adjustments to the settings inside the phantom.

I would not advise flying the Phantom until you do this and check set the parameters and check the mod values.

Fly responsibly!
Thanks for the advice sir

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, so do not be afraid to call me out if I did something wrong. I am fairly new to my phantom 1, so I had a few questions. First, what is the best gps tracker to use? I'd like one where I wouldn't have to pay a monthly fee, or works with a cheaper plan. Also, it needs to have its own battery, so if the drone dies, I can still track it. That leads me to my next question. What carrier should I use for the tracker? One of the big boys would be great because some of the places I fly do not get the best service. Now onto the drone questions. First, does fail safe mode kick in when it goes to low battery on my phantom? Second, is there an extended battery I can get for it that is reliable? Lastly, what exactly do the driver and assistant softwares do? Would it be necessary to have a laptop in the field with me that would help with the drone? Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shane

If you do not want monthly payment look into Marco Polo there are no fees.

Welcome !

Fly responsibly!
So does the driver and assistant softwares allow me to send the drone to places without manually flying it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic