GPS sats - all lost shortly after takeoff

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I purchased a P2 privately a few nights ago.

I'm finding that prior to, and immediately after takeoff, the satellite count is high - 10. But within about 15 seconds of taking off it will lose all of the sats and go into ATTI mode.

Has anyone else seen this before, and if so, what can be done to fix it ?

I have tried doing the compass calibration and have also hooked the P2 up to my computer to see if there were any warnings or errors - nothing.

The previous owner is an RC fanatic and obviously was extremely careful with the unit and all the accompanying equipment.

All advice welcome :)

Hello everyone. I purchased a P2 privately a few nights ago.

I'm finding that prior to, and immediately after takeoff, the satellite count is high - 10. But within about 15 seconds of taking off it will lose all of the sats and go into ATTI mode.

Has anyone else seen this before, and if so, what can be done to fix it ?

I have tried doing the compass calibration and have also hooked the P2 up to my computer to see if there were any warnings or errors - nothing.

The previous owner is an RC fanatic and obviously was extremely careful with the unit and all the accompanying equipment.

All advice welcome :)

the P2V plus did have an issue with sats missing after take off, something to do with interference from the mainboard,
what firmware are you on ?
if its not up to date i would update it
also is this an occurence in multiple locations or just one place

lastly i would take the lid off and have a look at the cable from the GPS puck and also the shielding cover in the lid and make sure its secure.

Thanks for the response.
I got a little further with this:
The GPS sats are all lost once the vibrations pick up on the copter after takeoff.
If I remove the props and spin it up then hold the copter and move it around, motors spinning, the sats are all retained.
Do the same thing with props on and it loses them.

I removed the cover and had a look - the GPS unit was firmly attached and plugged in, I removed the plug and reinserted it then screwed it all together again.

Other than get a new GPS unit, any ideas ?

Thanks - Damian.

As mentioned above I’ll concur that the P2s, the second generation of Phantoms, did have interference issues which were addressed by additional shielding of the GPS hardware by DJI in later production runs.

The GPS sats are all lost once the vibrations pick up on the copter after takeoff.
If I remove the props and spin it up then hold the copter and move it around, motors spinning, the sats are all retained.

Sounds like the props are out of balance, have you a new set to try ?
if not then i would check that the GPS puck is held tightly in place by the 4 screws.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj